27| Surprise, surprise

ENIOLA HAD BEEN kissed before but this was a whole different ball game. The kiss grew more intense as he lightly stroked her bare back. Dayo's hand tightened around her waist, pulling her closer to him until there was no space left between them.

He made a sound deep in his throat and cupped her face in his palm, deepening the kiss. Eniola let out a soft moan as he caught her lower lip between his and nipped softly.  He tasted of beer and mint bubblegum.

The kiss was bone-melting. Damn him for being such a good kisser! 

They were so caught up in the kiss that they didn't hear the noises around them. "Time up, guys," Seyi shouted.

Dayo broke the kiss with one last brush of his lips and stepped back, leaving them breathless as they parted.

Eniola looked around the group and saw that most of the other girls were eyeing her with contempt. "That was intense," Lara whispered as she sat down.

"And that's the last time I'm ever kissing him," she said, more to herself than to her. 

                                                                                ***

More people arrived at midnight and the party was getting louder. They danced around in groups, with solo cups of beer in their hands.

"Guys, I'm going to walk around for a while. I'll be back soon," Eniola shouted above the loud music.

Lara drunkenly waved her off while Onome nodded. "Be careful oo," Fareedah warned, before she walked far from the party.

Eniola walked along the shore, the incoming waves overlapping her feet. She watched little children building sand castles in the distance and their laughter traveling to her ears.

A light breeze blew her hair around her face and her skirt fluttered wildly around her legs, as she walked down the path leading to a secluded part of the beach. She unconsciously touched her lips, still tasting him on her tongue.

Eniola wrapped her arms around herself as a lazy breeze rose an array of goosebumps on her skin. She wondered if Dayo had felt anything, since his eyes had been unreadable at that moment.

Eniola didn't want to admit it, but she was falling for him. But she couldn't let herself fall for him, that would be a big mistake.

"A kobo for your thoughts?" she heard a familiar voice say. Eniola didn't stop walking when she heard Dayo's voice or when he fell into step beside her.

The wind blew past him and she caught a whiff of his woody musk cologne. Exotic and expensive.

 "Are you stalking me?" she teased, slightly raising her head to look at him. 

Dayo pulled off his jackets, "Maybe, here put this on." She tried to refuse but he draped it over her bare shoulders.

"Thanks," she smiled, hugging the jacket close to her body. 

Dayo smiled back at her. "So, what's going on in that pretty head of yours?" he asked, digging his hands deep in his pockets.

"It's nothing, joor," she replied. There was no way in hell she was going to let him know that she had been thinking about him.

A wicked smile lifted the corner of his lips. "I'm sure you were thinking about me," he grinned devilishly and gave her a wink.

"Get over yourself, Adedayo." Eniola shook her head and laughed. Silence stretched between them as her laughter died down to chuckles. 

Dayo slowed down in his steps and moved closer to her. "Do you want to hang out tomorrow night? Just the two of us." 

Eniola stared back at him in shock. Did Adedayo Bankole just ask her out on a date?