2011 ALDC Showcase: We Love To Dance

I enter with the girls to Studio A for pyramid, we all sit down and Miss Abby starts talking.

"Girls, I am very disappointed." Miss Abby starts, "Every single one of you could have done better in your solo. Moving on, I want to forget about last weekend, what's gonna happen this weekend?"

"It's the ALDC Showcase." Paige answers.

Maddie

Brooke   Melanie     Nia

Chloe    Paige     Vivi-Anne    Mackenzie

"Yeah, thank you very much. We're doing the new number, 'Sugar Daddies' at the showcase." Miss Abby tells us, "Maddie, you won the overall high score at the competition. Boom. Nia, forgot the solo, kept dancing, made it up, went on, finished with the music. 

After everything, I arrive first and take a shower, then watch some TV but soon I fell asleep. The next morning like always we rush to prepare to go back to you know where.

"Melanie, your solo wasn't judged, but I think it should've been, you're following into Maddie's footsteps and that will take you far." I smile, "Chloe, did a great job. There were some other situations." Chloe looks over to Christi, "You're here, I want to see that attitude improve on stage. Yes? You never know who's watching you."

I was really excited to finally get out of the bottom, I didn't really know what it meant, but I was just happy!

"All right, I have a few surprises during the showcase." Miss Abby looks over to the Moms, "I don't want to pressure you, in the audience, at the showcase, is going to be an agent coming to seek new talent and looking for new clients to sign." We all start cheering and clapping, "Moms, you are going to be performing at the showcase, as well." We all keep on cheering, "Oh, Cathy, you're going to be the choreographer."

Could this week get any better? I laugh.

"Well, you guys are in for trouble." Cathy says.

"Nationals are getting closer and closer. With every competition you get better and stronger." Miss Abby says, "So, this showcase is going to be a nice chance to entertain rather than compete. But it all is leading up to Nationals, because we want to do what?"

"Win!" We exclaim.

Kenzie, Vivi, and I all leave Studio A with the Moms, but we had work on our own. 

The showcase is something that we do every single year, we dance in front of a lot of people to show them what the ALDC has done in a year. This was a really busy week, and I was just starting to figure it out.

"All right, Kenz and Mel." We hear Gia say as soon as we enter the Dancer's Den, "We gotta start working, so change into the 'That's Amore' costume and go to Studio B to start the photoshoot for the yearbook."

"And who has the costumes?" Kenzie asks.

"Oh, right." Gia says, "Your mom has it."

"I'll go!" I exclaim and run up to Dance Jail, "Mommy, we need the amour costumes."

Mommy chuckles as she gives me the costumes.

"It's amore, not amour, Mel." She boops my nose and I chuckle.

"Okay." I say, "Bye bye!"

I run back to the Dancer's Den and we change into the costumes. We go to Studio B and the photoshoot starts, it goes for about an hour and after that we finally go back home for the day.

•Four Days To Showcase•

All of us girls were up in Dance Jail, we decided that we were going to watch the Moms rehearse their dance, I was really to laugh really hard.