Melanie's Last Shot

"You just go in there. Have fun. Don't worry about anything." Maddie tells me before entering for pyramid, "And remember that we're going to the People's Choice Awards tonight, and it's gonna be fun."

The two of us enter the studio and line up with the girls, the minis, and three new dancers. The only one who isn't here is Kenzie, who's attending a competition back at Pittsburgh.

"Girls, we have a lot of work to get done for today." Abby starts pyramid, "Welcome back minis! Welcome. We have three new faces today, and it's nice to have you all here. Okay, moving on. Girls, congratulations on the group dance last weekend." We all clap, "You had me in a trance. I thought it was a great number. So, let's get to the pyramid, okay?"

Maddie takes my hand and I look down as Abby reveals the bottom headshot.

"Melanie. I don't know what happened. You were so focused about your technique and stuff, that your forgot about this." Abby says pointing to her face, "We can not go back to the problem from like three-four seasons ago. But at the same time, I don't think you should've been fifth, you should've been at least third. I know this was really hard for you, and I can not believe it. So I have an idea which I'll explain later on."

Maddie

Nia   Brynn   Kendall

JoJo   Kalani   Mackenzie   Melanie

"Tonight is a very exciting evening. It's the People's Choice Awards." Abby says, "And our very own Maddie Ziegler has been nominated for a People's Choice Awards." We all clap, "All right, this week we are traveling all the way to Placentia, California. We will attend the Dream Dance Competition. The mini group will be performing a jazz routine. The name of the dance is 'The Monsters' and my junior elite competition team, your routine is entitled 'The Vultures'. Melanie will not be performing with the group."

Everything goes silent.

"Here's my idea. Melanie." I look at her, "You are going to redeem yourself. You will be performing a solo, contemporary. Melissa has said about how her mother would always wear hats with an angel pin on it. Your solo is entitled 'The Woman With The White Hat'. It's spoken, in a 'Where Have All The Children Gone?' style. You're going to focus in your solo and dance your heart out on that stage. This is your way to redeem yourself in front of me, the world, and your grandmother."

"I will." I assure her.

No one ever has second chances, so the fact that Abby gave me one is beyond amazing. I'll be able to redeem myself in front of everyone. This way, my grandmother can be actually proud of me.

I'll work harder than ever before.

Sadly, I mean it literally.

Maddie also has a solo and JoJo has an unaired solo, and she's going up against me.

The group dance rehearsal was up first, and I just sat on the floor and watched them. It was kind of refreshing knowing that Abby wasn't mad at me, because I've definitely been there before. New year, new leaf, am I right?

Aw, that reminds me of my Animal Crossing New Leaf town . . . Heck! I didn't bring my 3ds to LA! I've got to tell Kenz later, or my villagers are gonna move out and hate me for eternity. I don't want Rosie or Goldie leaving.

Twenty minutes later, rehearsals were over for the day. Meaning that Maddie, Mom, Abby, and I had to get ready for the event.

"I cannot believe I'm changing in the bathroom." Maddie comments as she takes her dress.