The Girls Say Goodbye

I adjust my outfit as we wait to enter.

"Have you even thought about the fact that this is the last time?" Kalani asks

"Yeah." Maddie admits, "Didn't have to remember me."

"Say hello to Brynn!"

"We're already going?" Nia asks.

"They told us that ten minutes ago." Kendall answers.

"This is JoJo!"

"I'm next!" Kalani exclaims and runs off.

"Say hi to Kalani!"

"What about bye?" Kenzie asks.

"Kenzie no!" I laugh, "Still not."

"Give it up for Kendall!"

"And then there were three." Maddie comments.

"This is Nia!"

"I'm scared." I smile, "This is really the last time."

"We'll cry later." Maddie tells us.

"Now, give some special love to Maddie, Mackenzie, and Melanie!"

"Oh shoot!" Kenzie exclaims and we run off.

After the performance, we all sit down and start talking.

"Now, first of all, I just want to say something." Jai starts, "Legit, I'm actually a real fan on the show. I've watched many of you as, like, babies. Now you're all like young women, and your impact as dancers has inspired so many people. How many girls have been inspired by  the dancers and wanted to dance--"

It still feels pretty unreal.

"And what's crazy is the only original cast members are Nia, Mel, Kenzie, and I." Maddie says, "And, I mean, everyone's still like, well, they're the originals to us because we're-- We've come so close to them. But honestly, like, Mel was four, Kenzie was six, and I just turned eight when we started the show, and Nia was, like, nine."

"And I was nine." Nia adds.

"The only OG left will be Nia."

"It's only gonna be me!" Nia exclaims and we laugh.

"Kenzie, how did you find out that you were gonna be leaving the team?" Jai asks.

"Well, when we were in pyramid, Maddie was like, 'I have to tell you something, but I can't'. And I was like, 'Okay, well, that's rude'. So she's like 'Oh, you're really gonna like this'."

"I honestly can't believe that it took so long for Kenzie to find out." I admit.

"Why?" Jai asks me.

"I found out from Kalani who accidentally told me." I answer.

"Oops." Kalani says.

"And I asked mom and she was like 'I don't know'. And I was like, 'Okay?'. She basically didn't tell me anything else until the announcement." I continue, "Like, Maddie knew and all, but I also knew and they didn't tell me anything until it clicked, and that's why I started crying in pyramid."