Maddie vs Mackenzie

Abby was on another planet, like always, but it was super obvious today. She started out pyramid praising Maddie and the story she told with the duet. She continued by saying that she always tells a story when she dances, and that when Nia does, it's nothing. Obviously, Nia didn't hold back.

"Well, if I had more opportunities, maybe I would have been better at it." Nia snaps.

There's an awkward silence and Abby reveals the first headshot.

"On the bottom of the pyramid we have Nia."

I roll my eyes and obviously, it's on camera.

"The solo was fifth," Abby explains, "From what I saw of that dance, it could potentially have won."

Holly sighs as Abby reveals the next headshot.

"JoJo, you're next on the pyramid," Abby announces, "You're late on the videotape."

JoJo stares at her and Abby reveals the next headshot, that was a surprise for all of us.

"Next we have Maddie." Abby reveals, "Maddie, you were on the group dance, you did your job. You didn't stand out at all. You blended. If you want to be the it girl, it's not a good thing."

Ouch.

"Next, we have Mackenzie." Abby says and Kenzie smiles, "The penche was straight. You took the correction."

Next headshot.

"And next, Kendall. Kendall, why would you be this high on the pyramid if you didn't even dance?" Abby asks.

"She had her video premiere last week." Holly answers.

"Yes." Abby agrees as she reveals the next headshot, "Next we have Melanie. First with the duet, you told the story. on the group dance Maddie was overshadowed by you. You stood out, you told the story even though you weren't the lead."

I smile and Abby reveals the top headshot.

Kalani

Melanie         Kendall      Mackenzie

Maddie          JoJo            Nia

"So, we are going to Center Stage. Our solos are going to Mackenzie, you will be performing a solo. It's called 'Sink or Swim'. So we're gonna see if you swim with the big fish, or if you sink." Abby announces.

Great explaining, no it's actually really weird.

"My next solo is going to Maddie. You will be tapping. Then our last solo is going to JoJo. JoJo, you title, is aptly named, 'Rebel Without a Cause'."

"So are all of these solos competing against each other?" Kira asks.

 "Yes." Abby answers.

"No." Kenzie says, and instantly gets worried.

"WOOO!" I yell, "Sorry."

"This week, we have a guest choreographer. He will be doing the group routine this week." Abby tells us, "This gentleman has won three MTV Video Awards. He's worked with Lady Gaga, he's worked with JLo and, he's worked closely with Michael Jackson for over 20 years."

All of us girls gasp.

"I am giving him free rein." Abby adds.

"So once he sets the choreography," Holly says, "You're not gonna change it--"

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no."

Abby calls him inside and he enters.

We all clap.