She's A Fighter

Maddie

Chloe   Brooke   Paige   Nia

Melanie    Mackenzie   Vivi-Anne

"We are going to Starpower, it's at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut." Miss Abby announces, "And it's a resort." I gasp and smile, "It's all self-contained, we can't forget anything, so we will have a wardrobe for each day that they are going to be there. Just like the old school days. Yes? And you will pack here in front of me so that I know that you have everything."

Cathy didn't seem to happy. Oh right, she needs to have exclusive clothes and hairstyles.

"Let's talk about the board. First of all, everybody worked together as a team. That teamwork is gonna help you at Nationals. That's what's going to put you over the top." Miss Abby tells us, "Teamwork and technique, those are the two things that we're gonna concentrate on this week. Moms-- We're doing another new number." We all cheer, "This week I'm gonna ask you to work harder that you've ever worked before. We need to show up and walk in there like we own the place. I will give a pack list for clothes for the trip. And I want them dressed a certain way every single day that we are there. Does everyone understand that? Yes?"

After the moms leave, we do a barre warm-up, the three youngest away from the rest like always. When it was over, Miss Abby told us that everyone had solos, again except the three youngest. Kenzie and Vivi were doing a duet, and I was also doing a separate duet with Kenzie.

•Three Days To Competition•

Miss Abby gave us the list for the clothes for the trip, and it was exciting!

Outfits:

Red and black traveling

Think pink

Animal Print/Safari

Black and white nighttime

Cocktail dress

Vintage floral

Odds and Ends:

Bathing suits

Cover ups

Red and black sweat suits

New pink cover ups

Toiletries

Night clothes

Shoes

And remember, you bring it, you carry it!!

After a while and a couple rehearsals, Kenzie and I went in to learn our duet.

"Your duet is called 'Magic' and it is acrobatic jazz." Miss Abby tells us.

We do the dance a couple times, I was the bunny and Kenzie the magician.

We go over the dance a couple more times and after that we're dismissed for the day.

•Two Days To Competition• 

"I have the costumes." Miss Abby sings entering the Dancer's Den and we all clap,"All right, Nia, you're gonna put this one on first, sweetie."

Miss Abby tells Nia how to put her costume on and she hands the rest of the girls their costumes. I take mine and go to studio B to put it over my dance clothes.