2012 ALDC Showcase: Once In A Lifetime

It's that week again, the ALDC showcase.

Nia

Mackenzie   Brooke   Chloe

Maddie   Melanie   Paige

The busy week starts with us learning a new routine called 'Light My Fire', and it is hip-hop. Miss Abby doesn't get that she can't choreograph, but I wanna do some actual hip-hop someday. After a long hour, we are all dismissed and we go back to the Dancer's Den.

"I'm so tired." Maddie says.

"My whole body hurts now." Kendall says.

"I mean, why do we have to do hip-hop?" Chloe asks.

"Well, Miss Abby wants to show everyone we can supposedly do everything." Nia tells Chloe.

"Or she just wants us to make a fool of ourselves." Brooke adds.

"I don't think so, because it is her name, her reputation." Paige mimics Miss Abby and we all laugh.

"We can't hip or hop!" Kenzie says.

"That's what I thought!" Maddie agrees.

"Oh look," I stand up and start jumping around, "I can hop hop hop hop hop."

We all laugh as I sit between Kenzie and Maddie.

"It's time for me to go home," Nia stands up and takes her dance bag, "See you guys tomorrow.

"Bye." We all say as she leaves and closes the door.

"What time is it?" Kendall asks.

"Almost 10 at night." Chloe answers and stands up, "I also have to go."

Kendall and Chloe start packing up and Brooke starts packing too.

Soon, they all leave, leaving only my sisters and I.

"Let's go!" Maddie says as we take our bags and leave, turning the lights off.

When we are on our way home I open my bag and I notice my tablet wasn't in there.

"Kenzie, have you seen my tablet?" I ask her.

"No." Kenzie answers.

"Me neither."- Maddie adds.

"I think I left it at dance." I close the bag.

•Two Days To The Showcase•

Kenzie and I were resting in the Dancer's Den after our ballet rehearsal. It's a group danced called 'Y2K', and I was really tired, but we still had a lot more to do.

"We have another group dance now, Melanie." Emma enters the dressing room, "And Mackenzie has another one too."

"What's mine about?" Kenzie asks.

"Acro." Emma answers, "And Melanie's tap."

"Well." I look over to Kenzie, "Guess we won't see each other until we're over."

I follow Emma to studio C and we start rehearsing the group dance 'Once in a Lifetime . . . You Lose Your Two Front Teeth'. I also had an acro one, jazz, hip-hop, lyrical, well, the contemporary one is actually the trio.It was just a pretty busy day, and the next day was just the photoshoot for the yearbook.

•Day Of The Showcase•

Middle of the night,
I can hear your heart beat (heart beat, heart beat)
Calling out my name
Yes, I know it must be strange (strange)
That I know these things are going on in your brain

I know what you're looking for, I know what you need
Baby, it's right here with me
I know what you're looking for, I know what you need
Baby, it's right here with me

After the really bad excuse of hip-hop, I had to start getting ready for the rest of the dances, it was a long day, but I think it was worth it. For the curtain call, I was wearing a purple dress, black sandals and my hair was down.

"We are giving cash scholarships away to further your education. And this was decided upon by the entire faculty. Our junior winner is Miss Maddie Ziegler." Miss Abby says and everyone cheers, "This will go to who the faculty feels is the most improved student the Abby Lee Dance Company for the 2012 season: Miss Nia Frazier."

Again, everyone claps and cheers and I even see Holly crying.

"Thank you all for coming. We will see you outside. Thank you."

The after party was great, except Cathy, but I would say that it was a pretty successful showcase, again.