But I'm A National Champion!

So, what do you think's gonna happen today?" Paige asks as soon as her mom drives away.

"I don't know." Maddie answers as we start our way inside the school, "But we'll hopefully be allowed to be back."

"Abby's gonna be, hard." Kenzie adds, "Really hard."

"I know." I agree, "Talk to you later?"

"Sure." 

I hold onto the straps of my backpack and start my way to the classroom.

I enter the classroom and sit beside Peter. He's the only one that I actually go to school with. Liam, Emma, and Klara are all just 'dance friends'.

"When are you going back to dance?" He asks.

"Someday." I answer as I take out my notebook, "I don't know. The moms are going to the studio today, so that's something."

"And did you study for the spanish test?"

"Por supuesto!" I exclaim, looking over to him, and he's just confused, "I mean, of course!"

Class starts right after that, and it's just another long day.

~~~

Today it is, the day I was waiting for, but also dreading, we're going back to the studio. I had my dance clothes on as we waited for Miss Abby to walk in.

 I had my dance clothes on as we waited for Miss Abby to walk in

Sadly, she did way too soon.

"Well, well, well. Here we all are again." Miss Abby says.

The door opens and the Hylands walk in.

"Here's you contract." Kelly tells Miss Abby as she gives her a piece of paper, "Get in there, girls."

Brooke and Paige walk over to us and we don't even move, we're just way too scared.

Sophia

Kendall   Mackenzie   Maddie   Nia   Chloe   Melanie

"You all realize, with the exception of Sophia, that you are on probation." Miss Abby tells us, "You are all on the same playing field. That's what all of you wanted. You didn't like the pyramid, moms. You want all the kids to be treated equal. That's what you got."

Nia, Chloe, and Sophia have solos, and Kenzie and I are not in the group dance. Kenzie at least has something to do with it!

If I'm completely honest, I didn't even want to go to dance, at one point it just became annoying, and I know that Miss Abby won't let us off the hook easily, but I'm just tired.

•Competition Day•

S-U-P-R-S-T-R
Let's party like a Super-Star
S-S-U-P-R-S-T-R
Although you are a Super-Star
S-U-P-R-S-T-R
Let's party like a Super-Star
S-S-U-P-R-S-T-R
Although you are a Super-Star
S-U-P-R-S-T-R
Let's party like a Super-Star
S-S-U-P-R-S-T-R
Although you are a Super-Star

"All right, coming to the stage next, this is Chloe with 'Another Girl'."

Maybe we can talk about it
Both of us are thinking more than we really need
Times are changing,
The days are shorter
And soon enough the lights will go

Something in the way that
I'm feeling about me losing you

Chloe was amazing, same as Sophia, but we all already know who Miss Abby cared about. Next up was the group dance, so I just sat in the audience with all of the moms.

"All right, ladies and gentlemen, here we go." The announcer says as Kenzie struggles to pull the carpet out, "This is entry number 38-- this is entitled 'Red Carpet Special'."

It was awkward watching Kenzie as she kept on trying and trying and our dance teacher just laughed at her.

"Don't worry, the same thing happened at my wedding." The announcer tries to comfort Kenzie as she finally pulls the carpet out.

Yeah-ah-ah
Oo-oh-oh, yeah

My-my-my outfit's hot, money spent
I'm ready for the main event
I'm so eager to go

I'm gonna live it up 'til I see the sun
Tonight I'm gonna have some fun
I'm gonna let them all know, yeah

When I get out and hit the spotlight
I'm on a mission to get heads turning my way
The highlight of their day

Awards, Sophia was first, Chloe was third, Nia was eighth, and the group was also first.