Solo Battle: Round One

"Ready, Mads?" I ask.

Today we were once again at DWTS, today Maddie was going to perform with Brynn and Jaycee from Club Dance to the song 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'.

She nods and I go to the audience with Mom and Kenzie.

~~~

"Let's get to the pyramid, shall we?" Abby asks, "On the bottom of the pyramid, JoJo. I think your feet look horrendeous, and you're not conscious of it."

She reveals the next headshot.

"Next we have Nia." Abby says, "Your dancing didn't stand out in the group routine. You weren't mesmerizing-- That's why you're here. So let's not have that happen again. And--"

Next headshot.

"--We have Mackenzie. You did well, but we kept correcting you on your eyes. You don't express yourself through your eyes." Abby explains and she reveals the next headshot, "And then, Maddie. Now, Maddie, you had the lead in the group routine, and I feel like everytime we do a group that you're the lead in, which is more often than not. You're automatically on top of the pyramid. It's time to knock you down a few pegs, and this is my way of knocking you down."

Now imagine trying to knock Abby down instead.

"Next is Kendall. You took innitiative in the group routine, you were great." Abby says as she reveals the top headshot, "And on top, we have Melanie. Even though your solo was second, you did a great job, even more because that's not your typical pretty lyrical dance. You also got in the group dance at the last second, and you did amazing. You're also back on the team."

Everyone claps.

This is what I've been waiting for, turn it up!

Melanie

Kendall    Maddie

Mackenzie     Nia     JoJo

"This week we're traveling to Escondido, California and we attending the New York Dance Experience. Now, this is actually our countdown to Nationals." Abby announces, "It's gonna start here and now. Our solos are going to go to the person on top of the pyramid, the second person on the pyramid, and the person on the bottom of it. Whoever does better, will proceed in the eliminations for a national solo."

"Wait, is Melanie on the same division than JoJo and Kendall?" Jess asks, "Not arguing, just asking."

"On this particular competition, yes, they'll all be competing head to head." Abby answers, "I would've given Melanie the solo next week, but she's leaving after the competition this weekend to Georgia to film the movie and she's coming back for Nationals."

"Nationals?" Jill asks, "How long is she going to be gone for?"

"Two weeks, and Nationals are three weeks away." Abby tells Jill, "But I plan her to come for the competitions to be in the group dances."

We thought the same thing, Abby. Also, glad to be back.

"Kendall-- Your solo is contemporary jazz, and it's called 'Immortal'." Abby says, "Melanie, your solo is jazz, it is called 'Not a Happily Ever After' and JoJo, I know you like Miley Cyrus, so you're doing a jazz piece, and the name of your music is 'She Can't Stop'." 

Jazz week, I guess.

"Now, the name of the group routine is 'Don't Fence Me In'." Abby tells us, "We're using a big prop: a barbed wire fence. Chain-link fence. And they have to throw their bodies up against it."