Showdown In Pittsburgh

Last week ever on Pittsburgh, it's really weird to think about it, it all began here, and I just thought it would end here too. Everything before pyramid was really sad, but I was just ready to dance and win. 

Mom, Abby, and Maddie were talking about how cool it was that Maddie performed on the Grammys. Same old stuff, same old stuff. 

"Speaking of milestones, actually, Evan is planning to do something. For Nia's video." Holly tells us, "We're going to have a premiering this Saturday in between classes and the competition downtown--"

"Sounds fun." Kenzie whispers.

"Yeah, but don't we have competition that day?" I whisper back.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to go to the premiere, it's just that we have competition that day, and it's of the last ones in Pittsburgh.

"It's Valentine's Day, isn't it?"

"It is."

I'm sorry." Mom says, "I'm going to dinner with my husband. I'm sorry."

"It's daytime."

"During the day."

Theur conversation is soon over and the focus goes back to Abby.

"The moment is here. Before we go to LA, we are going to Australia."

And now that's a big deal! 

"Let's get to pyramid. On the bottom is Kendall." Abby says as she reveals Kendall's headshot, "You're not here because you didn't do that solo perfectly. You know why."

Kendall meltdown, of course.

"Next. Mackenzie. You did not perform with the group." Abby tells Kenzie and she nods, "Moving on."

She reveals the next headshot, that was Nia's.

"Nia. As far as I'm concerned, you always want to get higher in relevé." Abby explains, "You always want go leghten your limbs."

Abby reveals the next headshot.

"Next on the pyramid, we have JoJo. I thought you were good." Abby says, "It is very difficult to do turn sequences with your arms like this. Next--"

The next headshot was Kalani.

"Kalani. You did a penché. It was beautiful." Abby tells her, "I'd like to see you take more of a leadership stance."

Maddie and I look at each other smiling as Abby reveals the next headshot.

"Second of the pyramid, is Maddie. She's a great leader. She was amazing in the group dance, but--"

She reveals the top headshot, that was mine.

"Melanie was the lead, she pulled my focus on a positive way."

Everyone claps.

Melanie

Maddie     Kalani      JoJo

Nia        Mackenzie       Kendall

"This weekend we will attend, Starbound National Talent Competition, here in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. So, solos. Kendall, I'm giving you the opportunity to redeem yourself. You will be performing a solo. My next solo is going to Kalani. The group routine is deep."

Hopefully she won't say 'Mackenzie and Melanie won't be in the group dance because it's too mature', aka the excuse for the first three seasons. 

The Moms leave and we all warm up.