All's Fair In Love And War

Maddie

Mackenzie   Nia

Brooke   Kendall   Paige   Melanie

Maddie, Kenzie, and I all have solos. Nia and Kendall have a duet, and everyone's in the group except, as usual, Kenzie and I. Nick is going to be in the group dance. Kenzie's solo is entitled 'Love Is War', Maddie's is entitled 'Lifeline', and mine is entitled 'Bad Reputation'.

"The moms want to take Miss Abby speed dating." Kenzie tells everyone when they come back from the group dance rehearsal.

I burst out laughing.

"That's not fair!" I laugh, "I'm supposed to get married before she even has a boyfriend."

"Melanie!" Brooke laughs, "You're too young!"

"She isn't lying." Chloe says, "Miss Abby's gonna take a while to settle down."

"If she doesn't take forever." Maddie comments and we all laugh.

"I want to have a boyfriend." Kendall says.

"Kendall K!" Nia stands up, "I'm gonna tell Jill!"

"No!" Kendall stands up, "Don't!"

Nia runs out of the Dancer's Den and Kendall follows her as we all laugh.

"I would love to have a boyfriend." Maddie says with a dreamy face, "When I'm older, of course."

"Yeah, really old." Kenzie tells her, "When you're like 50."

"Not fair!" Maddie laughs.

"You're wrong, Kenz." I tell her.

"Thanks, Mel." Maddie tells me.

"It's when she's 60." I correct myself and we keep on laughing.

"And the two of you when you're 80!" Maddie tells us, "You know what? 100!"

"Zieglers, chill." Paige tells us, "Everyone knows that I'm gonna get married first."

"No!" Chloe says, "We're supposed to have the double wedding!"

"Yeah!" Paige looks over to Chloe and takes her hand, "Chloe and I are gonna have our weddings first."

"Oh my gosh." Brooke sighs, "Crazy girls, I'm the oldest, so you know what that means."

"Girl, Miss Abby is older than almost all the moms and isn't married." I tell her, "And your mom, Christi, Holly, and my mom already have kids."

"Maybe we should take Jill for example." Maddie says, "She's older than Miss Abby, but she's been married for a while."

"The Jill Vertes fan club." Paige comments and we all laugh.

"The official Jill Vertes fan club!" Chloe exclaims, "And I'm the president!"

"So what should we do first, president Chloe?" Kenzie asks.

"Umm, go home!" Chloe gets up, "It's pretty late and tomorrow we'll have our first meeting!"

"Are Nia and Kendall on the club?" I ask.

"Yup!" Chloe tells me, "They're all in the Jill Vertes fan club!"

We all go back home after that. Girls.

Two Days To Competition

"Now put the finger on your lips." Miss Abby tells me as I go over my solo, "It's like, shh, keep the secret."

My solo this week is called 'Bad Reputation' and according to Miss Abby, it is about keeping a secret, but the song says another thing that I don't want to talk about.