Stealing The Show

"Let's talk about Starbound competition, can we have a round of applause? Whoo-hoo!" Miss Abby says and we all clap, "Okay, so, Brooke, you blew them away, The people sitting around me were in awe when you did your handstand twist. But why all the drama with the hip? Hm? If you are seriously injured, you don't need to go to your mother and get everybody worked up, you come to me-- And that needs to be clear, yes?"

I tighten my ponytail.

"I want to talk about this week's competition." Miss Abby tells us and reveals the pyramid.

Brooke

Maddie   Chloe

Nia  Paige  Mackenzie    Melanie  Vivi-Anne

"You see there's someone new on top. Yes, Brooke, you are here because of your performance. You worked through an injury, you did what you had to do, you were a team player." Miss Abby says, "You are getting a solo this weekend. Alright, Chloe, Maddie,you are also getting solos this weekend. The bottom row, what am I supposed to do with you five? You need to step it up, you need to get your butts right back into class and start working on your technique. And you know what, since we're gonna be in Pittsburgh this weekend, I'm gonna give every single one of you a solo."

We all clap and I raise my hand.

Even me?" I ask.

"Even you, Melanie." Miss Abby answers and I smile.

All the moms leave and we start practicing our solos. Maddie had two solos this week, 'Cry' and a tap solo.
We all sit on the back of Studio A and watch Maddie as she learns her two solos. After Maddie, it was Paige, Kenzie, Nia, and after all of them, it was my time to learn my solo. My second solo ever.

My solo's called 'Welcome to Wonderland' and I like it!

"Your solo isn't going to be judged, only because you're younger than the lowest age category, yours is going to be recreational." Miss Abby tells me.

I get to dress up as Alice!

I start off the routine laying on the floor, pretending to be asleep. The singer starts and I slowly stand up and look up amazed, at least that's what Miss Abby told me, I don't even know what the word means!

"Look up surprised, shocked." Miss Abby instructs me.

I look up one more time, my mouth open, eyes wide. I really just wanted to laugh for how I looked in the mirror.

I run and do a straddle jump. I run to the middle of the stage and look around me. I walk with my hands behind me to the left and smile widely. I do 4 turns and roll into the floor. I get on my knees and look up again.

"Use your arms!" Miss Abby tells me.

I look up, this time moving my arms, kinda how Maddie does it on her 'Cry' solo. I get up and do some small jumps. I do more turns. At the end, I lay again in the floor, right where I started, and close my eyes with a smile.

"Beautiful." Miss Abby says as I stand up, "You're dismissed."

My sisters and I had to wait a while for Mommy to come back from her dinner with the other Moms, after that we went home.