Night Of The Living Dancers

Chloe

Nia   Brooke

Paige   Mackenzie   Maddie   Melanie

Group dance, four solos, and a duet. Brooke, Maddie, Chloe, and Paige all have solos while Kenzie and Nia have a duet. 

Two Days To Competition

"Mom, I don't even care!" Maddie tells Mommy as we walk to the studio, "You're just going to make the moms even more mad at you."

"You want to dance, right?" Mommy asks and Maddie nods, "I'm just gonna help you get back to the number one spot."

Kenzie and I share a confused look as we enter the studio and go to the Dancer's Den. Soon, Kenzie goes to studio A to rehearse her duet with Nia and I play on my tablet.

"Guess who will have to postpone the sleepover for next week again?" Chloe says as she enters the Dancer's Den.

"Why?" Maddie looks over to her.

"The moms are still being weird, so I don't know if they're mad at someone or if they're besties again." Chloe answers in a defeated tone as she starts stretching.

"We need to do that someday!" Maddie starts stretching with Chloe.

"Where are the Hylands?" I ask.

"Paige is in studio B and Brooke is taking her voice lessons." Chloe tells me.

I go back to play in my tablet as the two of them stretch and gossip about some school drama.

"Group dance rehearsal!"

They leave and I just keep on doing what I do. About an hour later, I hear a chair and some yelling. Did they really hit someone with a chair? I open the door and notice Kelly and Miss Abby arguing. I slam the door closed as the other four girl come in through the other door.

Drama drama drama.

Competition Day

"Paige is going on 20 minutes, and she isn't here, she isn't ready, and she's not backstage." Miss Abby says as we're all in the dressing room, "She should be in here, warming up, ready to go on--"

Mommy and Maddie both leave the dressing room. Some of the camera crew leave with them. They come back and Maddie walks over to Miss Abby.

"Mackenzie, Melanie, come on." Mommy calls us and the two of us follow her outside.

We walk over to Miss Abby and Maddie, who were talking.

"She wants to dance." Mommy tells Miss Abby, "She's just--"

"Don't talk for her." Miss Abby tells her.

"Well, I am talking." Mommy defends herself, "I'm her mom."

Good excuse.

"Stop with the tears, babies cry." Miss Abby tells Maddie, "Melanie does, not you."

I look at her confused, that's not fair.

"Do you understand?"

"Yes."

"It's my dance company, I say who's dancing, and who isn't."

Miss Abby walks off and the four of us walk back inside.

"Do I cry that much?" I ask Kenzie as we sit down.

"You don't." She tells me, "She just needed something to say."

Maddie goes change into her solo costume while Chloe, Kenzie, and Nia all go over their dances. I start stretching when the Hylands finally come inside, but nothing was perfect, because Miss Abby walked in right after them. We all go to the audience and wait for all the solos to be performed.

"Entry number 31-A, 'Tongue Twister', please welcome Paige. Thank you." The announcer says and we all clap.

She doesn't walk on stage.

"This is entry number 31-A, this is Paige performing 'Tongue Twister'."

Nothing happens.

A couple other solos perform after and next up was Brooke.

"Judges, please give it up to act number 42-A, this is Brooke performing 'Paint the Pictures."

We all clap but she doesn't come in either.

"Judges, please welcome entry 51-A, this is Chloe."

We all clap as she walks on stage and performs her solo.

"This is Maddie performing 'In My Heart'."

I saw you in my dream last night
You had your smile so white
I thought your teeth were the stars
Your eyes, they were like tiny rivers
Well, it gave me the shivers when you looked right up at me

We never got to say a goodbye
We never sat down and cried and watched our tears fall out

The disc starts skipping right where she forgot her dance last time, this solo definitely has something weird. Something happens every single time she tries to perform it! Maybe a curse. I know! The curse of Maddie's 'In My Heart' solo.

Maddie's solo was second and Chloe's was third. Next up, the duet.

"Next up, we have Nia and Mackenzie. This is 'Circus Circus'." The announcer says as the two of them walk on stage.

They always look like they're having so much fun while they dance. Well, after all it's about the circus, right?

Last thing, the group dance.

"Please welcome to the stage entry 135-A, this is 'Glam'."

Walk the walk, move your hips
You can talk without your lips
Movie star, head to toe
Tap your shoes, it's time to go (go, go, go, go)

Steal the show and show 'em you're the beauty queen
Get your name on the walk of fame
You're the one everybody wants to meet
Have some fun moving to the beat

The group and duet were first.

This Maddie comeback was amazing, but I feel bad for the Hylands too. Wonder what will happen next week.