I Know What You Did Last Competition

Maddie

Nia   Mackenzie

Chloe   Melanie   Paige   Brooke

"This week, we will be attending Energy Dance Competition, again." Miss Abby announces, "It's in Waterford Township, Michigan. Last week, when I called to enter the routines, Gina, the owner, she told me there are two studios specifically coming. I'm going to have to pull out all the stops. Let's talk about the group number, it is called 'Silver Spoon'. Silver meaning the finest quality flatware. Meaning the luxuries of life. The country club, uh, the finest schools, so this is a pretty dance. We also have a prop. We have a big, giant spoon, and you pass the spoon around throughout the routine." Ooh, "I want to talk about the rest of the routines."

Three solos, Nia, Maddie, and Kenzie. A duet, Maddie and Chloe, and finally, the seat fillers, Brooke, Paige, and I.

Two Days To Competition

"So, are you going to the school trip next week?" My best friend, Mariella asks me as we walk outside of school.

"I hope so, I haven't asked my mom." I tell her, "Dance stuff."

"Talking about dance." She quickly changes the topic, "Are you doing anything this week?"

"No, like always." I look at her confused, "Why do you ask?"

"Nothing." She answers and a car pulls up, "That's my mom, see you tomorrow."

She walks away and I sigh. Why did she suddenly ask about that?

At the studio, everything was about the giant spoon prop, and it was actually scary to hear it fall.

Competition Day

"Judges, please welcome to the stage routine number 39, 'Inside of Me'."

Everybody has to try
That's what they say
But sometimes I don't know if I got what it takes to make the world come alive
But then I'll close my eyes

I put my foot upon the ground
Listen to my heart, but it don't make no sound
Inside I know if I don't turn this thing around, I'll never live it down
Don't back down

Next was the group routine, where two girls have costumes that are too big for them, the prop makes everything harder. After that, the solos were next.

"This is Maddie performing 'Helen Keller'."

Maddie basically danced and jumped around with a doll, doesn't sound that impressive, but it actually was.

"This is Nia performing 'Bound'."

Starts out sweet
And then it tastes bitter
The light, it hits so right
You think it's a painting
But it's not

It's so hot

And I gotta get out
Gotta get out, gotta get out
Gotta get out

"Please welcome to the stage entry 135, this is Mackenzie performing 'Daisy Chains'."

La la la la la la la la la la la

You're the toffee apple of my eye
Sweeter than a sugar daddy
You're the sun that brightens up my sky
Even when the storm is making it hazy

Ring around me, daisy
You're messy and you're lazy
You drive me bloody crazy, but I still want you
Ring around me daisy
Pathetic yet amazing
No matter what, I still want you

~~~

"All right, we have the top scoring Energy Petite Solo and Miss Energy being awarded to entry number 135, Mackenzie, 'Daisy Chains'." The announcer says and we all cheer as Kenzie goes receive her award.

She sits back with the girls and Maddie wraps her in a hug.

"We have the top Energy Junior Solo top ten." the announcer says, "We have in ninth place, entry number 238 going to Nia, 'Bound'."

We all clap as Nia goes receive her award.

"In fourth place, entry 226, Maddie dancing to 'Helen Keller'."

Again, we all clap as Maddie goes receive her award.

We were all happy with the results, but Miss Abby, not so much, She was mad at everyone except Kenzie, and it's pretty reasonable why.