Solo Fever

Mackenzie

Chloe   Nia   Maddie

Brooke   Melanie   Paige   Kendall

"Mackenzie, you are doing a solo. It's called 'A Perfect Day in the Sun.' Chloe, you will be doing another contemporary lyrical routine entitles 'Ghost'. Paige, you have a solo also." Miss Abby announces, "Kendall, you will be doing a solo. The name of your solo is 'Kiss, Kiss.' Nia, we're changing it up again for you. You're going to be doing a '60s-inspired number. Brooke, you are gonna have to get your butt up in the air. The name of your solo is 'Fly'. Finally, Melanie, you'll be doing a solo called 'Wolves'."

"Do I have a solo?" Maddie asks, on the verge of tears.

"Maddie, I'm not hurting your feelings." Miss Abby tells her, "But I have a bunch of other kids that want to do solos--"

"She wants to do a solo very bad." Mommy interrupts.

"I understand that but you interrupted her and wanted her not to do it because you are afraid of losing all your friends." Miss Abby defends herself.

After pyramid the solo rehearsals started, even though I was starting mine the next day. Mommy took us to a place that had the letters 'MSA'. What's MSA?

"Well, I think you guys would be really fantastic, obviously for commercials." The agents, Jen, tells us, "Commercials are great for kids."

"What would the next step be?" Mommy asks, "To be, like, to get Mackenzie or Melanie into a commercial or, you know?"

"As soon as something comes up that they're right for, you know, I'll let you guys know." Jen answers, "I'll submit them and we'll go from there."

Sounds fun.

•Two Days To Competition•

I was sitting on the hotel bed waiting for Kenz and Mads to finish their breakfast.

"I finished!" Kenzie announces.

"Maddie hurry up." Mommy tells Maddie, "We have to go."

"Wait a minute." Maddie says as she shoves the last bit of her pancake into her mouth.

"Finally!" I jump from the bed and start my way to the door.

Once we were in the studio, I had the first solo rehearsal of the whole day.

"Mackenzie and Maddie, please come in here." I hear Miss Abby say as I do my last set of turns, "Great, follow me."

I follow her outside and meet up with my sisters. She sits down in front of us.

"So tell me where you went." Miss Abby tells us.

"We went to MSA." Maddie answers.

"To a guy?" She asks.

"We went to a girl named Jen." Kenzie adds.

"Okay I know her, I know who Jen is." She says, "Does anybody know?"

"I think mommy told everyone you were fine with it." I tell her.

Turns out no one knew, and like always, the moms started arguing with Mommy.

•Competition Day•

I was going over my dance in my head as Mommy did my hair. I already had my solo costume on.

 I already had my solo costume on