Rotten To The Core

"Have you guys seen Christi, is she out there? Is she coming?" Jill asks as we all stretch in the Dancer's Den.

"I think she's mad at me 'cause I said something about the hat." Kelly tells Jill.

Mommy comes inside and sits beside Jill.

"Which is crazy." Jill comments.

"It is." Holly adds and chuckles.

We all walk into studio A.

"All right. Last week, you walked in here and you were losers. Fourth place. Today you're winners. You walk in here like, 'Whoo-hoo, we won!' and that's all fun and dandy but, let's be realistic. You won by a tenth of a point. I don't want the Abby Lee Dance Company to be just one tenth of a point." Miss Abby tells us.

Kendall

Melanie   Maddie   Nia

Paige   Mackenzie   Chloe

Chloe's headshot had written Suspended on bold, black letters. Paige was visibly upset, what about their twin power? There can't be twin power with only one of them. 

"This weekend, we are going to Star Power International Talent Competition in Detroit, Michigan." Miss Abby announces, "Is there a studio from Ohio going all the way to Detroit? Yeah, there is. Cathy is coming back for you. We have a group routine. Everybody's in it. Kendall, you will be doing a solo again this weekend. Paige, I'm going to give you a duet with Nia. Now, last week, you thought your good wasn't good enough. This is your chance. Don't blow it. I have one more routine left. Maddie, you will be doing a solo this week. Don't be so elated. It's like a default. Like, by process of elimination. I need somebody that's going to win! You bet that that boys group, one of those boys are doing to be doing a solo."

After pyramid, we go back to the Dancer's Den. Paige and Nia started their duet rehearsal. I didn't know where neither Kendall or Kenzie were, Maddie was listening to some music, and Brooke was writing something for school.

"Psst" I hear someone say and I look over to the door, it was Kenzie, "Melanie, come on!"

We go to studio B and I notice a lot of makeup stuff. Kenzie locks the door.

"One of your makeup tutorials?" I ask as I sit down on the floor.

"Yeah." Kenzie answers, "But right now I need someone to do the makeup on."

She starts recording and talking as she does my makeup. Once she finishes, it looks really good! When she finishes recording, she takes all of the makeup off. Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. I help her put all the stuff on her dance bag and open the door..

"It's time to go home." Mommy tells us and we all leave.

•Two Days To Competition•

"One, two, three, a-four, a-five, six, seven, eight, A-one. " Gia counts as we practice.

"Don't let your feet fly around." Miss Abby tells us.

The music was really boring to be honest. On one of the drops I do it way too hard and I fall, hitting my head.

"Are you okay?" Kenzie asks.

"Stop everything." Everyone stops dancing, "Melanie, you okay?"

"I'm okay." I lie as I stand up, putting a hand on my head.

Who am I kidding? It hurts a lot.

"Okay, let's go again from top." Miss Abby says and we start again. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight."