Birthday Bash

"Where are we going?" I ask Mom as she drives.

First month of vacation, down, I absolutely loved it. Today, I did an interview for a magazine, it was really cool.

"Mom." Maddie says, "Don't you remember? We need to buy the Christmas decorations!"

"In July?" I ask and Maddie turns around to look at me.

"I meant Halloween." Maddie 'corrects' herself, "I mean, fourth of July!"

"Today's July 20..?" I tell her.

"Are you drunk, Madison?" Kenzie comments.

"No." Maddie rolls her eyes and starts texting someone on her phone.

"We first need to go to Target." Mom answers.

"Yes, to buy the Valentine's day decorations." Kenzie makes fun of Maddie.

"Shut up, Mackenzie." Maddie mumbles under her breath.

I take out my phone and enter to the Instagram app. Nothing really new, just the same stuff from this morning, and something new in Nia's story. 

"Does anyone know why Nia's in an amusement park today?" I ask and both of my sisters look at me.

"Who knows." Kenzie says and quickly takes out her phone.

She starts texting someone.

"Wish she invited us." Maddie sighs, "It would've been so much fun."

Mom pulls up to the Target parking lot and we all get off the car.

"I need to call someone, so you guys go ahead." Mom tells us and we start walking towards the building.

Why is everyone acting so weird?

We walk inside and Maddie takes a shopping cart.

"What do we need to look for?" I ask as we walk through the aisle.

"I don't know, maybe some Thanksgiving decorations." Kenzie comments and Maddie hits her with the cart, "Maddie!"

"Sorry not sorry." Maddie shrugs.

Kenzie jumps into the cart.

"Push." Kenzie tells her.

"Why?" Maddie asks.

"Just do it." Kenzie says as Maddie pushes the cart and runs after it.

"Weirdos." I chuckle as I enter Instagram again, this time, there was something new in Kalani's story, and it was her with Nia and Kendall.

I follow the two weirdos to the back of the store.

"Kalani and Kendall are with Nia at the same place." I tell them, "Do you have any idea--"

"No!" Maddie interrupts me, "I mean, you should live a little and stop using your phone."

Maddie snatches the phone from my hand and puts it on her back pocket.

"Now, help me push this baby." Maddie says.

"I'm not a baby." Kenzie says, "I have an idea, let's go buy some ice cream!"

"Ice cream?" I ask, "Oh, whatever."

Mom walks up to us.

"We have to go." She tells us.

"But didn't we--"

"Now."

Kenzie and Maddie look at each other with smiles on their faces.