Nationals 90210

"We're going to 90210, Beverly Hills." Miss Abby announces and we all clap, "We are going to the Energy Dance National Invitational. So let's get to pyramid. Paige, you knew you were gonna be there. You forgot your dance. You have so much more talent than you're able to show, A: Because of an injury B: Because you don't remember what you're doing." She reveals the next headshot, "Nia. I thought you could have been better. I need to be just as strong at the end as you are at the beggining."Next one, "I have Chloe. Chloe, you've been consistently in the top five for most of your life. Sixth is not good enough for you."

After that she reveals Kendall's headshot.

"Kendall, you came out there strong. You were exciting, you were energized, your tricks were clean. Your movements were sharp. You attacked them. Everything a great jazz dance needs to be. When you--"

"This is so boring." Kenzie whispers.

"Yeah, right?"I whisper back.

"I just wanna dance and play." She whispers back.

"Me too." I agree.

We look back to the pyramid and notice that Brooke was the next one on the pyramid.

"Next is Melanie. What can I say? You did great, you fixed all of your mistakes, but you placed second, and you know what that is. The point is, you do great, but I know that's not good enough for a dancer like you." Miss Abby tells me.

Maddie

Mackenzie   Melanie   Brooke

  Kendall   Chloe   Nia   Paige

"Now, everyone is on the group dance and this group routine is very disturbing, and the title is 'My Last Text'." Miss Abby announces and we all look over to the moms, who look really confused.

​​​​​​When Miss Abby said 'My Last Text', I thought that she was going to send us the routine on a text message, but I don't have a phone.

Kenzie, Maddie, and Brooke all have solos. Chloe, Kendall, and Nia are having a little dance-off for the last solo. I have a jazz duet with Kenzie, and I'm so excited! I'm honestly a little bit worried about Kenzie, she has to learn the group routine,  duet, and a solo, on like three days.

"So, here's a car seat. Okay, Maddie, get in the passenger seat right there." Miss Abby tells us as we're about to start learning the group routine.

So there's a seat where Paige and Maddie sit. Paige is like driving and Maddie using her phone. Brooke, Nia, Kendall, Chloe and Kenzie are in the back. When I'm about to ask where I'm sitting Gia arrives with a booster seat, talk about creativity, but is it normal for a kid on a booster to be on front? I don't care, I've never been in front. We all rehearse the group for about an hour and after that we're dismissed.

​​"Okay, guys, go grab a drink." 

We all run outside, where the moms were all sitting.

"Never text and drive!"

We all start telling them what the group dance is about, and they even look terrified.

"And we're all like dying throughout the dance."

After that, Kenz and I go back inside to practice our duet. The next couple of days were a lot of rehearsals, and also the Candy Apples coming to town, more like to the same studio we were in.

•Competition Day•

"Look guys, don't even associate with Cathy, just turn around and walk away." Miss Abby tells us as we walk to the dressing room.