Return Of The Candy Apples

"You have a spanish test today?" Mommy asks as she packs all of our lunches.

"Yeah." Maddie answers, "Do you think I could be absent today?"

"Why are you always skipping stuff?" Kenzie asks.

"I don't." Maddie defends herself.

"You do." Mommy tells her, "And you're not missing school today."

"Fine." Maddie pouts.

Kenzie looks over to me.

"Is it pajama day at school?" She asks.

"What do you mean?" Mommy asks Kenzie and she points at me, "Mel, I already told you to change."

"She doesn't want to go either." Maddie says.

I go upstairs to my room and change into my outfit. I go back downstairs and Mommy starts brushing my hair.

 I go back downstairs and Mommy starts brushing my hair

"Apple?" Kenzie asks, "Like Candy Apples?"

"Good one Kenz." Maddie high-fives Kenzie.

"Let's go, girls." Mommy says and we all leave for school.

~~~

I think I kind of understand Maddie now when she said that I shouldn't want to go to school, but I'm too late. After a long day at school, we finally go to the studio. I was wearing my dance clothes and I still had my hair in two braids.

"I want to start off talking a little bit about dance troupe, in Greensboro, North Carolina. That was not the group in Lake Tahoe that just won a national championship." Miss Abby starts pyramid, "Obviously, cute still works in the Carolinas. Kendall, you did your solo scared to death. That face was not an Abby Lee Miller face, that's for certain--"

"Abby, that was her first time--" Jill interrupts.

"Shh, you don't get to talk, it's my turn." Miss Abby tells Jill, "This weekend, we are headed to Columbus, Ohio. You know who lives in Ohio."

"Candy Apples!" Chloe cheers.

"We are going there, and she will be at the competition." Miss Abby continues, "I don't want any squawking between the mothers. You are all on the same team, and we're all gonna take a bite out of that big apple." We all laugh, "All right, we're gonna start with the pyramid. On the bottom: Kendall. You are on probation. That means that I'm watching you like a hawk. Do you understand me?" Kendall noda and Miss Abby reveals the next headshot, "Melanie, you have little parts, I know you're capable of doing a lot more, your disadvantage right now is your age, but I'm sure that when you're Maddie's or Mackenzie's age, you're gonna win a lot of first place trophies."