Jill On The Rampage

Mackenzie

Chloe   Maddie

Paige   Brooke   Nia   Kendall   Melanie

"We are not doing a group routine this week. Each and every dancer will be doing a solo. It's every man for himself." Miss Abby announces, "This is your chance to shine, and for one time only, you all get to help out with costumes." The moms weren't happy, "This is your chance to go for that Tony, Christi. You're gonna come to me, show me what you have, and I can veto it, or I can accept it. I don't want to see anything from any other studios. I want to see you come up with something original."

The moms leave and we all spread apart.

First up was Kenzie, and the rest of us sat by the side watching her.

"It's finally solo week." Maddie says, "I love solo week."

"Me too." I agree, "I finally do something."

"Yay!" Chloe exclaims.

After Kenzie, it was Maddie, and after her was Kendall. After her, it was finally me.

"Your solo is acro-jazz." Miss Abby tells me, "It is called 'Love Myself'."

I start off in the middle of the studio with my arms crossed. The song starts and a I go into a walking handstand. I get up, run, and do a straddle jump. I stop moving and raise my arms. 

"When it goes 'Hey, I love myself', do eight side aerials." Miss Abby tells me, "I'll be counting it."

I start doing the side aerials to the left side of the studio as Miss Abby counts.

"Five, six, seven, eight, up!"

I stop and do a toe jump, after that I start doing side aerials to go back right where I started. I do another toe jump. I do some turns and after that a back walkover. At the end, I do a last side aerial, roll onto the floor, get on my knees, and do a heart with my hands.

One Day To Competition

Mommy's idea for my costume was a white dance bra, a pink skirt, and she was going to put pink glitter over the bra, I still don't know why she's thinking so much about my costume, because I'm doing a solo just for the show. Let's just say that the youngest competing age is six, and I'm five.

I was watching Maddie as she went over her solo with Gia, Miss Abby was at the front desk, the moms were all working with the costumes, and it was just one day until the competition, also known as the rush day.

"The competition's canceled." Kenzie walks over to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask, "We're not going?"

"Miss Abby's looking for another competition." Kenzie tells me and sits down.

"Mel, let's work with your solo." Gia tells me and I walk to the middle of the studio.

I start off in the middle of the studio with my arms crossed. The song starts and I go into a walking handstand. I get up, run, and do a straddle jump. I stop moving and raise my arms. I start doing the side aerials to the left side of the studio. I stop and do a toe jump, after that I start doing side aerials to go back right where I started. I do some turns and after that a back walkover. At the end, I do a last side aerial, roll onto the floor, get on my knees, and do a heart with my hands.

Miss Abby enters the studio with the moms and the rest of the girls and we all look at her.

"Ladies, uh, we are going to a competition this weekend." MIss Abby announces, "There's a competition is Clute, Texas, just outside of Galveston. I want the girls to practice tonight, I'm keeping them here until the dances are finished and perfect. The show must go on."