@36

Jace

I got closer to kiss her ready to find out the truth. I was really eager to know what she tasted like. Was she Trina or not? I was still eager to know when she hit me and I landed onto the wall. Man, I wasn't going back even if Nick promised me a bunch of money. Gosh, that punch hurt and I was tired of landing onto the wall. It hurt. Even if I healed fast, I still felt some pain. I got up ready to see who's next as she had asked. Just then, she fell down. We all ran to her. Her brown eyes were back. She was back. I sighed.

"What happened?"

Of course. Her voice was back and her memory was not.

"Nothing much honey. Just you getting hurt by some old woman at the supermarket and you being unconscious. That's all," Carsy told her.

"But I saw myself hitting you guys. I-"

"No Al. Nothing of that sort happened."

"It did mum. Someone told me that you all don't like me. He told me that you are all going to abandon me. I-"

"No Al. That will never happen. I promise."

Al seemed confused but Carsy managed to calm her down. Meanwhile, I went to my house with Nick to first calm down because that pain was hell of a something.

"Man, your sister is some powerful vampire. That punch really hit me bad."

"She's a new born. What do you expect?"

"No. Too much. Vampires are really danger."

"But you like her. Imagine what your child will be like. Both Lycan and vampire. A hybrid. Dangerous."

"Yeah that's if your sister even lets me in. She fears me and to be honest, I still feel for Shyla. Moving on is kind of making me guilty."

"I understand. Boy, I'm also still on my babe."

"But you and Reah seem to be hanging out much nowadays."

"Fuck you Jace. I cannot hit on a Lycan. I do vampires and you know that."

"I'm just teasing you. I know Reah and Eric are having some chemistry but you kind of look like you hate it."

"No, I don't. I only hanged out with her at the diner because Raven was busy and she was alone."

"Liar. Eric was with her just that he had come to my office to talk some Lycan business. You just used the chance. You knew he was coming back."

"Argh Jace! I don't like Reah in that way. Like you have said, Eric and her are trying to push out just to forget about their damn pasts."

"And it's hurting you. I can see it in your eyes. You like Reah."

"No, I don't Jace. Trust me. Anyway, let's talk about how shit's been going lately."

He changed the topic and I knew he liked Reah but I decided not to push him into confessing it. The problem was that Eric seemed to be feeling the same for Reah and she felt the same for Eric and not Nick. Ouch. My best friend's love life was hell and so was mine. Mate bond and dilemma of Al being Trina. Speaking of Al, I had to apologise for having quarrelled at her when she came over to my house.

"So...let's talk about your sister instead. What do you think attacked her?"

I had to know.

"I'm not sure but all I know, when she became unconscious, some rival vampires captured her since she's a new born. They wanted to use her as a vessel to defeat us since she's strong and powerful."