@31

Allegra POV

I was really hurt. I had created a very big mess. If I hadn't been so selfish, I wouldn't be here. I felt so broken.

I ran back to the library. I was all teary. I needed sometime alone. I moved to the bathroom and cried. It was the only way I could let out my pain. Screaming was the option I always used but of recent, I couldn't scream. I was now used to my new form of calming down. Crying. I wanted to really die now.

But after hearing someone coming, I dried my tears and got back to work. There, Blake came to me. Jace was with him. My eyes were still teary and my face was damp. They would know I'm from crying but I didn't care anyway. He looked like I was his biggest enemy. I was just a girl for goodness sake.

A girl. A girl who had tried to kill his mate. A girl who killed his friends. A girl who was now a vampire.

The voice in my mind spoke making me nervous and guilty. They walked to me. Blake said,"So it was by mistake right?"

What was he talking about? Me killing all his friends?

"As in?" I was really confused.

"You applying for this job was by mistake, right?"

Yes! Exactly.

"Yeah, it was."

"So should I fire you or you are going to quit?"

I was speechless.

"I think you should do what you want."

He smiled. "You are a good pretender Trina."

"I am Al and for goodness sake stop calling me that name. People are going to damn hate me for nothing!"

"Keep it down. It's a library and... and I am your boss."

I was so tired of pretending. It was doing me no good. I just looked at him and decided quitting would do me better. I wouldn't have to pretend.

"I think I am quitting."

I could see Jace's expression change from the corner of my eyes. He was against my decision. He said,"Al that's for cowards."

I didn't look at him. I stayed focused on Blake. "See you sir."

I was moving away when Blake held my arm. I did the same thing I always did when Jace touched me. I pulled my arm away. I said,"It's not appropriate for a boss to hold his employees like that."

"I don't give a damn. Just know you are going nowhere. Raven and I as well as everyone else whom you betrayed have you right in our arms Trina and you are not escaping this time. Jace, please fill her in about the rest of everything that happens here. She needs to get so worked up."

He left. I sighed. I was with Jace now. Except for the other people buried in books in the library, we were alone. I was even now more scared. I knew he was developing feelings for me and I was fighting hard to keep mine away. I couldn't be selfish again. Even though there was no one stopping me now. Shyla was not there but it was even worse in her absence.

"So....tough boss," he tried to cool the tension. I was supposed to be pissed so I acted along.

"And nagging. Who hates someone cause they have similar voices with their long time enemy?"

I walked back to the counter and took my previous position before they had come to talk to me. He walked to me. He was now opposite me.

"That's Blake. Trust me, he really wants to avenge for the deaths of those guys."