@23

I got up quite late the next day and found Carsy and Barack gone. A maid filled me in about where they had gone to. Carsy was signing me into school and Barack was getting me a job. I was happy.

I had my breakfast and decided to watch something. I didn't even know much about this era's technology. I was a bit old fashioned. What surprised me is that it was kinda similar to my era. I wondered if a century had really passed. Not to doubt Carsy but I kind of felt that there are some things she was hiding from me.

As I was about to turn on TV, Nick walked in and on seeing me, he turned to go back. I didn't want to destroy his plans, so I said,"hey... you can stay. I'm not going to bother you."

"I don't care. I'm just not interested in your presence," he then left. He hadn't even looked at me.

I swallowed the pain of rejection. It seemed like I was created to be rejected by every dude in my life. If they didn't reject me, I always fucked up and made them leave my life.

Everything was crazy. Anyway, I decided to go out and check out the city. Since I knew how to drive, I got one of the cars I saw in the garage and drove to the nearest supermarket following the GPS. It was some maid who gave me the keys.

I was in Australia. Thank God I wasn't in New York. I wouldn't be able to face Hazel's parents even though they wouldn't recognise me or they were even dead already.

I got out of the car and moved into the supermarket. I checked the date. I was shocked. Carsy had lied to me. It was just five years that had passed. No wonder the not much change in the technology or anything. But why had she lied?

I even lost morale of shopping and walked back to the car. I texted her.

Can we meet...we need to talk....

She texted back.

Listen Al... I'm kinda busy. I'll see you tonight...

I couldn't wait.

I knew I had lied about my past but I had good reasons. She probably had vague reasons.

Just text me the address of where you are...

She didn't text back so I called her. She didn't pick up. She made her phone busy. I was pissed.

I just drove back home. I was going to ask my damn brother. I didn't care what attitude he gave me but he was going to answer my questions.

I asked a maid who I knew as Jackie. She's the one who had been helping me ever since I got up that morning.

"Hey Jackie... I need your help."

"Yes ma'am... anything."

"Just call me Al."

"I'm trying...it seems hard."

"I get... anyway, where's Nick's room?"

"It's on the same floor with yours."

"Seriously?"

She must have been joking. I couldn't believe that.

"Yes. It's on the same floor next to the two rooms opposite yours."

"Ohh... thanks."

"Anytime."

It was awkward finding out that I was on the same floor with my weird brother. I just sighed and walked to the floor.

Since I was too eager to know why I was lied to, I just opened the door to his room. I wished I hadn't done so. He was shirtless with a tattoo on his upper left back. It was that of a face of a lycan. Why would a vampire have a tattoo of a lycan? They were great enemies. I realised that he was familiar. The hair was..oh God...I knew that hair very well. It wasn't Nick's hair. It was Rodney's. Was I dreaming? I paused a bit. I lost my breath. This wasn't Nick. It was Rodney.