@39

Allegra

Yes, I was really hurt to find out that Jace had left but it was for the better. At least we would be far away from each other and we could both fight our feelings so that we wouldn't regret in the future. I woke up and got ready the next day and went downstairs where I only found Nick at breakfast. He was from a phone call.

"Hey sis, ready?"

"Ready? Ready for what?"

"For training. Your vampire side is getting out. We need to teach you more about our world and as your elder brother, I have the priority to teach you first."

"Okay, but I have to go to school."

"School ain't important Allegra. Your life is. A very dangerous vampire is back in town. You need to get ready. Mum and dad as well as Jace instructed me to teach you what you are supposed to know."

"Jace? How did he know...."

"Their kingdom was attacked by vampires led by Alfus, the most dangerous vampire you have ever met. He is worried about your safety because they were only attacked claiming that he's your lover and Alfus wants to black mail you using him."

I was speechless. Blake's kingdom was attacked because of me. Why was I always the reason for their suffering?

"Are you ready now?"

"Yes, I guess."

I was now pissed. The vampire that had kidnapped me was Alfus. He was the one in the taxi.  He dared to hurt my friends. I wanted to learn something before I could attack him. Nick took me to a forest after we had changed into fighting attires.

"So, the first thing you need to know is that vampires can be killed by stabbing straight into their hearts and burning them with fire as well as throwing them under the sun."

"But how come we can walk under the sun? We are literally under the sun right now."

"Because of the mixture mum injects us with everyday."

"We are injected everyday?"

"No, I was joking with you. Anyway we are under the sun because we are a special kind. We are related to the original family of vampires and that is why some things can't affect us. That is why we are strong. You were beaten by dad which makes you a part of the family."

I didn't want to know anything more so I just nodded and let him continue.

"Okay, so let's get started. Defence is the first thing you should know before attacking. Every vampire that attacks another aims for the heart which means you should always protect your heart because that is the only way that can kill our family."

"Okay... so what am I supposed to do?"

"Well... you should always focus on your opponent's moves so that you can know when he is aiming for your heart."

"Focus. Got it."

"You should also be able to guess what your opponent's next move is. That makes fighting easy."

"Really?"

"Yea... and you should also attack in your vampire side. It makes you stronger."

"Okay...what else?"

"Not that fast young girl. We have to test and see if you have learnt what have said."

"Of course I have. There's focusing, guessing my opponent's next moves and attacking in my vampire side. That's all."

"I know but it's not just theory. There's practical."

"Are you trying to say we are fighting each other?"