@13

~Hazel~

I open my eyes only to see lights above. I feel my neck is aching. I lift my hand to touch my neck and I realise I'm on drips. That's when I realise I'm in hospital.

"Oh darling you are awake!" Mum speaks while coming close to me. My throat feels so dry. I ask for water which she gives me. Dad and Trina come in. On seeing Trina, I remember Raven and what happened.

"Raven, where is she?" I ask wishing they say she's dead. Trina answers."She's fine. She's here in another room. Blake and some two other family members are with her." I look at the wall to hide my anger. Why wouldn't she die? Is there some kind of magic in their wolf issues? Whether there's or not, I'm going to kill her! I turn back to them. "That's nice to hear." "Really?" Trina asks knowing that I love Jac and would have done something to get him to be mine. "Yes Trina, really."

She keeps quiet and there is silence in the room but I break it. "So when am I leaving this place? It's just that I fainted."

"Not really my baby. You were strangled by an animal. There were marks of claws on your neck." My mom spoke to me making me remember the events of the night. It isn't even real morning yet. It's just three o'clock in the morning. Still dark. "I know." I reply trying to think of a way to kill a werewolf. "But what really happened?" She asks making me puzzled. What should I tell her? That Jac's wife turned into something known as a werewolf and strangled me because I tried to kill her. Trina is looking at me with a satisfied smile since she has figured out what might have happened. I sigh. Just then, Jac comes in before I speak. I can see anger registered in his silver eyes. "Jesus Christ! How magnificent!" Mom exclaims at the beauty in front of her. "You must be Blake, my husband's manager." She says offering her hand to him. He receives it while replying. "That's true. And you must be his wife."
"True. I'm so happy to meet you though it's at a bad time now that my daughter is in the hospital." "I know how you feel. My wife is here too. She was with her." He gives me a glance that pierces me since it's showing his anger. I look away. Trina is just smiling probably thinking about her research with lycans. "Oh! So she's the girl who was next to her in the forest?" "Yes." "I wonder what happened. Anyway, Hazel is about to tell us." "That's good cause I am here to know the story from her side." He looks at me again like he's telling me 'you're done for it.' I just sigh and look away again. I'm so dead. Why did I have to stab her where she can survive? I should have gone for the heart.

They then settle down to hear my story after mum saying "That's great. Let's sit and hear the story. I just pray it's not a fierce animal that strangled her." "Same here." Jac added on sarcastically.

"Well.... I was coming from work when my car broke down. Luckily, Raven was passing by so she offered to drop me home. I hoped in. On the way, I felt a little sick and I wanted to help myself, so she stopped and gave me a hand. In the forest, a creature I don't remember very well crossed by making me scream. It came and caught by the neck and lifted me up. I was in mid air. I had a pocket knife so I got it so I could help myself but in an instant, the thing disappeared and I stabbed Raven instead. I realised what I had done but I couldn't get help since I was just struggling to breathe. Raven and I fell down and blacked out."

"Jesus Christ, what was it?" Mom exclaims at the fake story as dad gasps while Trina smiles and says "A werewolf." "What?!" Mom and dad exclaim. Jac is emotionless. I can't read his emotions. Is he convinced by my story or not?

"There's no such thing as a werewolf!" Mom snaps at Trina.

"That's what you have to say since you haven't seen one." Trina answers mom and I just look away trying to wish it's a dream. Raven can't be stronger than me. I have to kill her and for that to happen, we have to be on the same page.