@29

Jace POV

I was just so attracted to Al and it hurt me so much. Shyla wouldn't want this. I know I wanted to move on and not hold on to the past but it was unfair to my mate. She was my fated. Why would I just forget her so easily? It had just been ten years and...and I wanted someone so badly already. Seriously?

I set my eyes on Al and felt like I had once been intimate with her. I felt so connected to her. But she spoke... making me remember the girl I hated the most. Her voice was so like Trina's. There was no difference. I felt bad.

But I still wanted her. I got an affection towards her but she didn't want me back. She pulled away from my every touch before I could get to feel her skin or body. I was hurt but also happy. At least I wouldn't have to hurt Shyla. I just had to push these damn feelings I was getting for Allegra.

~~~~

It was morning now and Nick had just texted me that he was on his way. I had to get Al so that we could get to the road and wait for Nick.

I walked to the room she had gone to and I knocked at the door. She had been crying just because she saw me feel hurt about Shyla but why was she so affected? Did she know something about Trina or was she Trina? I just hoped she wasn't otherwise I would...I don't want to think about it.

I knocked at the door and said,"Nick is almost here. C'mon let's get moving. We need to get to the main road."

"I'm awake."

The door opened slightly revealing a very sad Allegra. She had swollen eyes. She was from crying even now. I had heard her sobs the whole of the night.

"Al...are you okay?"

"Yes Jace, I am okay. I just had a bad night."

"You were crying Al. Why?"

"I.... I was just feeling bad. I made you remember your mate. I-"

"It's okay Al. Very okay. You didn't even know-"

"If we continue talking about it, I will feel guilty. Let's just go to the road."

"As you wish."

I was not convinced. Why would she feel so bad? There was something behind it. Something. Something related Trina. I didn't want to annoy her anyway.

We moved to the road as I held her bag for her. She was still not fine. I was feeling bad. I wanted to comfort her. Seeing her like that killed me. And then... Shyla. She wouldn't want me having such care for some other woman. Cheating on her with Trina killed me too. It made me feel so guilty. I would forever hate myself for that mistake. I was not ready to cheat again.

So, I ignored Al even though I didn't want to.

We got to Nick's car. He had kept time. We quickly got in. I could see Nick's confused face. He surely wondered what happened to his sister who he even hated. Al got into the back seat and I got into the passenger seat. Nick began driving. I had got mechanic to pick up my car last night and work upon it. I was going to pick it up today morning.

The drive home was so quiet. When we got home, Al moved out of the car very fast and headed for the house. She was avoiding me. She didn't want me to question her. Nick said,"Man, whatever you did to her..."

"I did nothing. It's just related to Shyla."

"So she loves you and she confessed her feelings to you then you said you can't cheat on Shyla... period."

"No Nick. That didn't happen. You know I flirt with girls so I flirted with her and she said she feared I would do something to her as she slept. I told her I wouldn't do such a thing to her because of my mate Shyla and I got emotional. She said sorry and I told her not to be. She walked away and cried the whole night."

"How strange."

"I know."

"She needs to see a doctor."

"And so do I. How could I be emotional?"

"For real man, we talked about this."

"But you got emotional too last night...all hugging Carsy and crying with her."

"So we are on a draw."

"I guess so."

We then went into the house where we found no Al. Carsy was happy and so was Barack. I guess they had reconciled with their daughter. Anyway, I went upstairs and freshened up and wore some thing easy. I got downstairs. I had a room in this house. I was like a son to them anyway. I didn't want to live with Shyla's parents because they kept on urging me to move on and tried to connect me with some girls. They felt really bad for me. I had my own house but I felt so lonely there. That's why I always hang out with Nick after work and Eric as well as Blake at work. My life was not so bad after all.

"So Jace... what did you do to my girl?" Carsy asked me.

"I..... I did nothing. Did she say I did something?"

"No, I didn't," her sweet voice spoke from behind me. I hated the fact that it was so much like Trina's.

I turned to her and she looked more lively. I smiled at her and said,"I didn't say you did something. I was just asking. No need for the worried face."

"I'm not worried. I'm just sleepy. Just food first."

"I see."

I smiled at her and she smiled back though she was still fighting something. She had something secretive with her. She got to sit down and I sat opposite her.

"So...uh....I'm looking for a new job," she announced to the rest.

"New job? But why honey?" Carsy asked her while eating her pasta.

"I just don't like the supermarket. It feels uncomfortable."

"So what do you want to do?" Barack asked.

They looked a happy family.

"I want a proper job."

"Like in a company?" Nick asked surprising everyone.

He realised everyone was staring at him.

"What? I'm just suggesting something for my sister. Is it bad?"

"No... just surprising," Al answered him with a genuine smile.

"Well...more surprises to come sis," Nick answered her while winking at her. She just smiled at him as she ate a piece of her pasta.

I was enjoying this moment. I didn't even realise I was staring at Al.

"Since Jace is over staring, he might know what job Al wants,"Nick said.

I shocked on my lasagna. I got water and took some. What the fuck Nick!!!

Everyone was staring at me. I said,"You guys know Nick was just making fun, right?"

They just chuckled except Al who knew it was true. She actually said,"I...am not changing a job right now. I am going to first finish school."

"Ohh... so you were bringing future talks?" Nick asked disappointedly.

"I guess," she answered.

"Lame," Nick was rude to her again.

"At least I didn't get us bored through dinner."

"Right. Just like Nick's sister would do," he winked at her again as he said that.

They were getting along so well. Perfect family indeed.

I just had my suspicions. I suspected Al to know something about Trina that we didn't know. She was trying hard to keep it sealed and she knew that Raven was going to bring it out. She was avoiding Raven's powers.

Whatever it was, it was getting her so uncomfortable and so hurt.