@2

I'm tired of being here doing nothing except reading this novel. I'm not even concentrating on it. I'm thinking of who my mate will be. I'm sure the Moon Goddess won't pair me with a lycan because I'm not that strong to be part of them and I don't like their possessive nature. They are so possessive on whatever they own. Lycans are the most feared type of werewolves because they are believed to be descendants of the first werewolf that existed. They kill mercilessly when it comes to someone who's not a lycan. They are very protective when it comes to their territory most especially that one person.

Jacob Blake Xerxes.

I pray each day to the Moon Goddess so that I'm not paired with him. He's a monster. I doubt he has any love in him. Currently, he's not around because he's gone to take care of some business yet he's the Alpha. I wonder where he is. Rumor has it that he went to the human territory but I don't think so. Anyway, that's none of my business.

As I'm still 'reading the novel', my best friend, Phoebe runs in. She's breathless and scared. That scares me.

"We are under attack! The rogues have ambushed us!" She finally let's it out.

Get me out already. My wolf speaks to me like I don't know it's time to shift and tear some flesh. Not like I'm interested in doing that but because I have to fight for the pack I'm in.

Don't even think about it, Raven. The Alpha speaks to me through mind link. He knows I'm among the best fighters, so why does he say that? Go hide with the other women and children. You and Phoebe go and protect them.

But-

It's an order.

After that he blocks me. Phoebe comes and comforts me.

"Why did he order me to do so?"

"There's always a reason for his orders, just wait for his explanation later on."

Just then, some guy stands at the door. He's never been seen here which means he's a rogue. Phoebe and I pull back ready to shift in case he did so and fought us. He's smirking.

"It's really you." He speaks while getting closer. I'm quiet ready to fight. When he jumps towards me to stab me, I step aside kind of pushing Phoebe. He lands at the window and I hit him with a kick in his back making him fly out of the window.

Phoebe and I turn to run out of the window but we are stopped by the rogues at the door. I wantto mind link the Alpha and tell him but he has blocked me, so I go against his order and start fighting the rogues along with Phoebe. I'm good at the bow and arrow so that's what I use before shifting and letting my wolf take over.

The rogues are many and they seem to be aiming for me. Finally, Drake, the Alpha, comes and joins me in tearing flesh. The five of us do it well. That's me, Phoebe, her mate-Eric, Drake and his mate, Noella. We fight along with other members of the pack until the other rogues back off and run. We shift back to our human selves and dress up. I know Drake is going to quarrel at me but I'm ready to face it. The five of us are in his office.

"What was that about Raven?"

"I was protecting the pack."

"I told you not to. Eric, Noella and I were going to do so."

"But why?"

"Because the rogues we're here for you!"

"Me?" That surprised only me. The rest seemed to know the reason.

"They were here to kill the lycan Alpha's mate and that's you!"

What! I'm Blake's mate!

"You must be kidding me!"

"You are not yet together because you have never been that close with him for your wolf to tell you." Drake says it out but I'm not interested in my mate.

I just walk out when I'm in my thoughts and I walk to my room. I can reject him. Don't even think about it. My wolf growls at me.

I sit down thinking of my mate. Where was he? Why didn't he come for me if he knew I was his mate? Does he even want me or he is planning to reject me just like I'm planning?

I lay on my bed thinking of Alpha Blake. I'm liking my mate way too much now that I know he's mine.
______________________
___________
_______

I know this chapter is really short but I will work harder next time, I promise.

See you in the next chapter. Please hang on, I will satisfy your wishes and get you happy for reading my book. I will get you smiling. At least I will try.

Love you.