@37

Allegra

I wondered what Jace was telling Carsy, Barack and Nick. All I knew, it was something he didn't want me to know about. Had he found out that I am Trina and he was telling them? Were they connecting stories, incidents and puzzles that can prove I am Trina? Were they planning something on me?

I was so nervous that I stood up and went to the window to just look at the night passing away. The other guy's words were still fresh in my mind. These guys would stop caring for me if they found out who I was. They would all forget me. They would abandon me but it was for the better. I had to get punished for all my mistakes. Maybe that was why God gave me another chance to live.

I was actually dead because to become a vampire, you had to die first, so in actual sense, I was dead though I was also alive. I had to mend my life so that I can get true happiness. The only way to do that was to let others know the truth.

"Waiting for someone to appear in the compound or you are just looking at the night passing away?" I heard his husky sweet voice that sent chills down my spine but I had to control it. I turned and looked at him. He had been standing behind me all along.

"I am just looking at the night. I am not waiting for anyone. Anyway, how long have you been standing there?"

"Just something like ten minutes."

Ten minutes?! Doing what? Was he observing me? Had Carsy and Barack told him about what I had told them? How I had started liking him? Well... I did tell them that but as a way of destructing them from asking me about what had happened. I had told them I remembered everything but I hadn't seen the faces of the people just to make sure they were not worried because they surely knew who those two vampires were but I didn't want them to get so worried about me because once they got to know the truth, they would forget me and I didn't want to have those memories of them looking so worried about me. I just hope they didn't tell Jace about it however much it was true.

"Ten minutes?"

"Yeah. Any problem with that?"

"No... just that it's weird and scary. Why didn't you let me know you were around?"

Was he observing me to check for anything connected to Trina?

"I didn't want you to know yet. I was checking you out."

"Jace, please don't flirt with me."

"Why? Does it turn you on?" He said so while getting closer and I moving back and soon, I was trapped in between his hands and against the window. He was close. What if he recognised me?

"Jace...no!"

I pushed him away. I decided to get angry.

"You made it clear at your house how you really feel about me. You know I talk like Trina so why don't you just leave me?"

"Al... I told you I was not in my right mind then. I'm sorry. I-"

"No...Jace. It's better we just stay away from each other. Trust me. Just leave me alone."

I moved away leaving Jace hurt. It was for the better not to make his feelings for me strong yet he was going to know my identity soon. The other vampire was even right. I was not going to hide forever.

'I guess I should just run away.'

I told myself because I didn't want to work with the bad guys and hurt my people again and I was also scared of the outcomes once I told the truth. I decided to just run away.

But no... I have to face the truth...

I decided to just continue gathering confidence and courage to tell the truth.