@38

Jace

Shit had happened to the Lycan kingdom and we all had to go back. Blake had told me just the minute after Al had passed by me outside their house. I told Nick what had just happened and he told me to go and tell all sweet goodbye before I left but when I got to her she couldn't listen, so I just left for home. That was where I had grown from so it was home. I got to the palace where the rest was gathered. Man the city was ruined.

I got in and found all of them perturbed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Oh? So now you care? Thought you were never coming. Al seemed to be more important here," Raven answered me coldly.

"Raven, that's rude. He was just being there for her. She was in a battle just some hours back," Blake told Raven who just rolled her eyes. I sighed.

"So what happened?" I asked Blake directly. My brother. We had each other now that Alvry was out of the picture physically. Eric was also close now though he was still a quiet guy. Back to the point, I asked Blake.

"We were attacked," Blake told me. "Edward and Vanessa were not able to protect everyone. "

I could see that. They were seated down worn most especially Vanessa who Reah was taking care of.

"But we had left a very strong and well trained army," I said.

"Yes we did but it was not fellow werewolves that attacked. It was vampires," he told me.

I was surprised.

"Vampires?"

"Yes. Vampires. And they wanted Al's lover!" Raven snapped at me.

"Al and I are not lovers."

"You may have not become officially lovers but at least your feelings for each other are mutual and even the vampires know it. They were sent by Alfus. He is their leader and he wants Al. He decided to hurt your side so that Al can give in to what he wants. I'm afraid we can't go back to Australia. We have to protect our kind. You know how vampires are dangerous," Blake told me.

"It's okay Blake. I am here to stay. There's nothing much for me in Australia."

It was true. Al and I were just not meant to be. I decided to just stay till it was safe to really leave. I could think of Al once all this was done. I went to my room to change. I had to train the other Lycans how to fight a vampire. I decided to first talk to Nick before going to the training grounds. I called him.

"Hey man. What's up? Is everything okay that side?" He asked me.

"No. We were attacked."

"By who? I thought you guys killed your only threat."

"Yes we did but we have a new one and that's cause of the chemistry between your sister and I."

"What are you getting to?"

"We were attacked by vampires and they said they were here because of Al's lover who happens to be me. The guy says he wants Al to listen to him. He's called Alfus."

"No way. That guy was defeated and exiled by mum and dad with the help of some other vampires."

"Well... looks like he's back and he's so determined in whatever he wants to do."

"Oh no!"

"Oh yes. Just keep Al safe. No time for negativity. He's here. Just accept the fact and plan for how to stop him cause my people are not going to suffer for nothing. Man, I've not even kissed your sister yet and my people are already hurt cause Al and I are lovers in cots cause we are not lovers. Not even friends currently cause she's made it clear; she's done with me."

"Cool down man. I get it."

"I'm not pissed. It's just frustrating. The kingdom is really destroyed."

"I'm going to talk to mum. Don't worry."

"I won't be back for sometime. I have to really teach these guys some skills that kill vampires and also protect them as well as the other Lycans out there."

"It's fine. I will inform mum and dad. Stay alive man. The last thing I want to hear is you dead. Keep safe."

"You too. Keep Al safe."

"I will."

"Same here. I will keep Reah safe."

"Fuck you man."

I just smiled and he ended the call. I sighed.

'time to train the guys.'

I said to myself and went out to the training grounds where everyone was waiting. I realised that people were really hurt. Most of them had been killed and this was because of Al yet she couldn't even let me in. That girl. I couldn't even hate her even if I wanted to.

I decided to go jogging after I trained these guys some things and left them to rest. I needed some time alone. I needed to think.

As I was still jogging, I saw a lady dressed in white who was standing a little bit far away from me in the forest. She looked like Shyla. I got closer to her.

"Hullo. Are you okay?"

I asked calmly.

She turned to me. It was Shyla. She smiled at me.

"Shyla?"

"Yes Rodney. It's me."

I hugged her and she hugged me back. I was really happy. I couldn't believe it.

"Shyla, you are fine. I missed you."

"I know you did. I've always been watching you. I know what has been happening. I'm here to just let you know that I am fine with you moving on with Al. Don't hold back because of me. This was how things were meant to be. Don't change fate by letting Al go. You-"

"You are my fated Shyla. What are you talking about?"

I was holding her hands. She smiled.

"I was your fated Rodney. I am not here anymore. Like I said, I just came to let you know that it's fine to be with Al. You have to be with her. Do not let her go."

"Shyla-"

"It's how it is supposed to be Rodney and you love her. I know you do. Just hold onto her. She's just a little unsteady. Love her like never before. I will always support you in whatever you do. Goodbye Rodney. I love you and will always do."

She kissed me and then disappeared.

"Shyla! No! Come back! Shyla!"

I looked for her in the forest and got nothing. I sat down and just let my tears flow. How I wanted her. She was here telling me about Al who's even pushing me away. Life was just so complicated.

*****

Yeah... chapter too short... I know but don't worry the rest will be a little juicy.

****