@30

Allegra POV

I was actually serious about getting a new job. I didn't want to speak to Michael cause of the weird call and I also wanted real payment. Enough money to get me through life once I revealed my real identity and everyone didn't want to help me.

I decided to go look for a job after my afternoon class. I applied for some job where they wanted someone to be in the company library for the night shift. I didn't know whose company it was. It was called the Lycan Alpha HQ. I froze on reading the company name. I knew whose company it was. I decided to withdraw my application. I ran to the reception.

"Excuse me ma'am," I talked to a short brunette behind the counter. She looked up at me and recognised me but tried to hide her happiness. Talking to a famous person seemed big for her.

"Yes... how may I help you?"

"I...uh.... would like to withdraw my application for the night shift librarian."

"Ohh... okay. Let me check it out."

She looked at the computer that was in front of her. She looked back at me with a sorry look and said,"I'm sorry ma'am but you can't. The boss is already looking into them and he's trying to pick who is perfect for the job."

"But I applied by mistake. I already have a job."

"I'm sorry then because there's nothing I can do to help you out."

I lost it. What was I even thinking to apply in this company? Where was I looking? What was up with me? I always read about the company before applying... what was I thinking about when I applied for a company I hardly knew about.

"Thanks...it's fine," I said to her and she nodded.

I left the damn company and started walking to the supermarket. Just then my phone rang. It was Michael. I picked it up.

"Hey," I said awkwardly.

"Hey Al. Are you fine?"

"Yeah...I'm just going to work."

"Okay... I will meet you there."

"Sure... and...uh.... about the other weird call, I was just bored and I needed someone to talk to, so I called but I then thought against it and hang up. I am sorry."

"Ohh...it's fine. I had even forgotten about it."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Oh. Ok. See you at work."

And boom. Mike wasn't even still on the call and here I was busy applying for other jobs just to avoid lying to him when he asked about why I called. Argh...my stupid rush decisions.

I just got to the supermarket. I found him already preparing to work. I decided that I wasn't going to quit this job. I was going to stay.

"Hey Mike."

"Hi... you okay?"

"Yes. Why ask?"

"Well... you look like you are worried about something."

I didn't want to lie so I told him the truth.

"I am."

"What's up?"

"Well.... I accidentally applied for some other job and yet I have one already."

"Where did you apply?"

"TLA HQ."

"Cool. Those guys pay a lot of money and they have a cool library. I go there every afternoon."