chapter thirty-nine

SPELLBOUND

chapter thirty-nine

Of course, Ivy was late to physics

Of course, Ivy was late to physics. Of course, she was the last one to arrive. She knew the second she agreed to help Stiles out, she was going to be late. But she hadn't really thought about what the consequence would be with her arriving late.

Luckily for her, Mr. Douglas had let it slide, for now. As long as she wasn't late again, which she stated she wouldn't. She took a seat next to Liam, who had saved her a seat.

Mr. Douglas continued on with the class once Ivy was seated, and she was thankful for that. Because everyone went back to paying attention to him instead of her.

Ivy pulled out her water bottle from her backpack and immediately drank the whole thing. Doing the spell for Stiles had drained so much of her energy, especially since the spell she did for him wasn't exactly easy, at least for someone like her, who was still untrained in many aspects of magic.

Liam stared at his girlfriend and noticed Ivy's energy drain. Over the past couple of months, he had gotten good at noticing whenever Ivy was drained after a spell, she hadn't exactly mastered yet.

Liam intertwined his hand with hers and met Ivy's glaze. "Take some," he whispered to her. And Ivy immediately knew what he was referring to.

"Liam, no," Ivy wasn't the biggest fan of taking energy from people. She had only ever really done it to two people and one of them was by complete accident. Josh, and Scott.

Liam nodded, "It's okay," he reassured her.

Ivy sighed and noticed that Mr. Douglas was currently busy drawing a cat on the board. She closed her eyes and took a little bit of energy from Liam. She quickly released her hand from Liam's once she was done.

Ivy took this moment to look around the classroom and noticed how just about everyone, except for Liam and Mason, was paying extra attention to Mr. Douglas. She was shocked to see her best friend, Hayden, and even Corey paying a little extra attention.

"Ah, I can see I impressed you all with my artistic abilities," Mr. Douglas stated as he put the chalk down. Ivy watched as Hayden chuckled at his statement, and this caused her to share a look with both Liam and Mason.

She was surprised to find herself not in the same state of attention as Hayden and the others. Sure, the guy might be a little good looking, compared to all their other teachers. But there was something odd about Mr. Douglas that Ivy just couldn't really put her finger to.

He seemed familiar to her. Which was strange, because she couldn't possibly remember where she might have seen him. But something was definitely odd about her physics teacher.

"Schrodinger put his cat in a box with poisonous food. Now, until he opens that box, the cat is, in theory, both alive and dead. But when he opens it, it's either, 'Hello, Mittens' or 'Goodbye, Socks.' Putting aside the potential animal abuse here, what does it have to do with physics?"