chapter thirty-two

SPELLBOUND

chapter thirty-two

〈chapter thirty-two〉

Ivy was furious. Corey and Mason were both missing and Ivy had no clue on where they might be. There was also the fact that she was still in shock with the mere fact that Mason was the beast.

Ivy didn't know how much of the woods she had already covered, but she couldn't stop. She had to find her friends. She knew why Corey took Mason. She understood. He only wanted to keep Mason safe, and Ivy appreciated Corey for that. But she hated that he had disappeared without telling her where he would go.

But then she understood his reasoning for that as well.

Ivy sighed as she ran a hand through her hair, pushing it out of her face.

"Mason! MASON!" Ivy heard Liam yelling for his best friend. She knew that Liam was taking this worse than she was. After all Mason was Liam's best friend. She understood how he was feeling. She'll feel the same way if something like this had happened to Hayden. Actually, she did, back when the two of them were approaching death. But then again, maybe this feeling was a little bit different.

Ivy followed the sounds of her boyfriend's yells. She watched as he ran through the woods, not paying attention to where he ran. He ended up tripping over an exposed tree root and fell face first into the ground.

Ivy immediately ran up closer to him. She kneel next to him as he groaned in pain. "Hey," she softly spoke.

Liam turned to her, "Hi. I lost it. I lost the scent."

Ivy smiles weakly, "We'll find it together." Ivy extended her hand to help Liam up from the ground. Liam took it and Ivy pulled him back on his feet. The two intertwine their hands as they continue to explore the woods, looking for Mason, together.

✯☾✯

The next morning, Ivy rose up and early, ready to resume her mission on finding Mason and Corey. She picked up her phone and tried calling Josh for the millionth time. She could really use his help and it had been some time since she last heard from him. She was starting to worry, though she knew that her main focus should be finding Mason and Corey.

"Josh, for the millionth time, call me back!" She hung up and threw her phone on the bed.

Scott entered Ivy's room to see her pacing around. "Hey, we'll find them," Scott spoke, catching Ivy's attention. Ivy turned around to see Scott standing at her doorway. Ivy nodded, but didn't speak as she picked up her phone from her bed. She unlocked, but saw that she had no missed calls, she sighed.

Scott walked further into the room and approached her. Scott pulled her into a hug but Ivy remained still.

"Josh isn't answering his phone. Corey and Mason are still missing. I don't even know where any of them are. I don't even know where to begin looking. I feel so useless," Ivy ranted to Scott, who still held her in a hug.