chapter twenty-six

SPELLBOUND

chapter twenty-six

Ivy softly banged her head on her knees as she recalled the conversation she just had with Deucalion

Ivy softly banged her head on her knees as she recalled the conversation she just had with Deucalion. She hated how much Deucalion knew her. She hadn't thought much of some of the things that Deucalion had brought up and now they were just spinning circles in her brain.

Josh walked up to the lair and noticed Ivy in her current state. He let out a small sigh before bending down to her level. "Hayden told me what happened. How are you feeling?"

Ivy raised her head from her knees to see Josh in front of her. She gave him a small smile. "I'm surviving."

Josh chuckled, "Yeah that you are." Josh stood up and extended a hand out to Ivy, "Come on, let's go inside." Ivy took Josh's hand and he helped her up.

Josh wrapped an arm around Ivy's shoulder, "You're not alone, you know that right. You'll get through this."

✯☾✯

The chimeras and Ivy were surrounding Theo as he explained to them what the plan was for tonight. Tonight they were going to break Lydia out of Eichen House. But it was going to be a bit complicated because Scott's pack was also going to break Lydia out of Eichen House tonight.

But for the chimeras and Theo, Lydia wasn't the end goal. No, Lydia was just the bait for something else, more like someone else. Theo didn't want Lydia because she might be the key to saving everyone like Scott had suggested to Stiles when they were at the school library. No, Theo wanted Parrish. He wanted a hellhound, and Lydia was just Theo's way of getting what he wanted because he knew the hellhound would come for the banshee.

Though Ivy was playing Theo's game, she didn't want Lydia getting hurt. There was still a part inside of Ivy that reminded her how much Lydia meant to Aiden and she knew that Aiden would have never wanted Lydia to get hurt.

But Ivy might not get the chance to actually protect Lydia while the pack did what Theo wanted. That didn't mean she wouldn't get Hayden to help her out.

Ivy didn't think that Theo was going to allow her to go with them to Eichen House. Someone needed to stay behind and look after Deucalion. Plus it wasn't like Ivy could get past the barrier of mountain ash that Eichen House had.

"Okay, so Tracy, Josh, and Ivy, I'll need you each to take out the security guards out front," Theo explained to the group. The sound of her own name threw her off balance.

"Wait, you want me to come along?"

Theo gave her a look, "Why wouldn't I?"

Ivy shrugged, "I don't know, maybe because of what happened earlier."

Theo sighed, "Ivy, you shouldn't let that stop you. I need you there, plus your powers are going to come in handy."

"There's still another problem," Ivy pointed out.