chapter ten

SPELLBOUND

chapter ten

Ivy tapped her foot on the ground, anxiously

Ivy tapped her foot on the ground, anxiously. "I can't do this!" she stated as she stood up.

"Ivy," Liam tried speaking.

"I can't! Okay, I'm not just going to sit here and wait for those bloody doctors to come kill us when mercury starts dripping from our bodies."

"Ivy, we're not going to die here," Liam goes up to Ivy, grabbing one of her arms.

Hayden, who was still seated on the ground, watched the interaction between her best friend and her boyfriend. Hayden's heart ached, she didn't like seeing her friend like this.

"Obviously not, Stiles still owes me a bloody strawberry milkshake," Ivy exclaims as Hayden chuckles.

"But that's beside the point, okay. Aiden died in this godforsaken town. I'm not dying in this town. I won't leave Ethan, alone. I WON'T!" Ivy screamed as tears started breaking through her eyes.

"I can't die here. Aiden died in this town and I won't do that to Ethan. I-I-I can't" Ivy cried, as she dropped onto her knees. Liam caught her and pulled her into his chest, comforting her as she cried some more.

Hayden watched as Ivy endured her mental breakdown. It pained her to see her friend like that, but then again there wasn't much she could do to help her. All Hayden could do was sit back and watch Liam try to comfort Ivy.

✯☾✯

After Ivy's little mental break, the trio was seated on the ground. Liam was closer to the gate, Ivy in the middle and then Hayden at the end. They were all exhausted, growing weaker by the moment. Electrical buzzing was heard, and the three looked at one another in fear.

"They're coming back," Liam warned the girls. Ivy helped Hayden stand up, who whimpered as she stood up, seeing as her wound still hasn't completely healed.

Liam intertwined his hand with Ivy's hand, giving it a light squeeze, reminding her that she wasn't alone. Ivy grabbed onto Hayden's hand, not wanting her best friend to be left in the dark.

"Liam? Ivy? Hayden?" they all heard a voice call out their names. Theo.

"Theo, wait... Don't" Liam tried warning Theo.

They watched Theo touch the gate causing electricity to crackle.

"You bloody idiot," Ivy muttered as they watched Theo fall to the ground.

✯☾✯

"Theo? Theo? Theo, you alright?" Liam called out.

"Theo, get up" Ivy stated, growing tired of the fact that Theo was still knocked out.