chapter five

SPELLBOUND

chapter five

'Mason and I are going to go see Brett, coming?' an incoming text from Liam read

'Mason and I are going to go see Brett, coming?' an incoming text from Liam read. Ivy was still a bit shaken up with what had just happened with Tracy and Hayden but decided to tag along with Liam and Mason, hoping that it might help her clear her mind. 'Be right there,' she texted back and started making her way to her boyfriend and best friend.

Liam gave Ivy, 'an are you okay' look, for which she just nodded, not really feeling up to speak at the moment.

The trio adventured into the field where Brett Talbot was playing lacrosse with some friends. Brett was good at the game, there was no denying that fact.

"So, he's a werewolf too?" Mason asked while Liam replied with a "Yup" not really wanting to be there.

"This just gets better and better," Mason said in amusement. Ivy turned to look at Mason, "It's because he's shirtless, isn't it?"

Mason grinned, "A little bit," which caused Ivy to chuck. "Seriously though, does this boy even own a shirt?" Ivy asked no one in particular.

Brett eventually spotted the trio and walked to them.

Liam wasted no time and pulled out a picture of Tracy up on his cellphone and showed it to Brett.

"Cute, but never seen her," Brett stated as he placed his lacrosse gloves in his gym bag.

"Could Satomi have turned her without you knowing?" Liam questioned.

"After the dead pool, Satomi's not exactly doing much recruiting," Brett mentioned.

"Can't blame her," Ivy commented.

"That's how it works? Alpha werewolves just go around biting people?" Mason asked intrigued.

"Or you can be born, like me and my sister," Brett informed Mason.

"Or like me and my brothers," Ivy added. Mason nodded, realization hitting his eyes on the fact that Ivy's twin brothers who he had met multiple times in the past were also werewolves. Mason still couldn't fully process the fact that one of his best friends had been a werewolf throughout their entire friendship.

"Satomi took us in after our family died in a fire," Brett spoke. 'What's with everyone's family dying in fires,' Ivy couldn't help but think to herself. First, Derek's whole family had been killed in the Hale fire and now Brett had also lost his family the same way.

Liam was too consecrated on Tracy's picture to really pay attention to the conversation occurring around him. A familiar necklace on Tracy's neck to be exact was what had caught his attention.