chapter twenty-nine

SPELLBOUND

chapter twenty-nine

Ivy didn't know where she was

Ivy didn't know where she was. Her surroundings were completely unfamiliar to her. She didn't like not knowing where she was.

It seemed as if she was alone, there was no other person in sight in the room. "Hello?" she called out, just to be sure. And it seemed like she was because there was no answer.

Suddenly she heard a door opening and she quickly turned around to see what had caused the door to open.

"Ah, finally you're awake," Ivy heard a voice state, but the figure hid in the shadows, not giving Ivy a proper look on who they might be.

"Who are you?"

The voice laughed as it finally stepped out of the shadows. Ivy gasped as she took in the person in front of her. It was herself. Ivy was currently starring at a split-image of herself. Expect this doppelganger was a darker version of her.

Her doppelganger had black veins running down her arms. Her hair was as dark as a raven. Her eyes were solid black, as if they had been possessed by a demon.

Was this what she was slowly turning into?

That very thought sent shivers down her back. She didn't want to turn out like that. She could hardly recognize her own self, in that state.

Her darker self gave Ivy a smirk, "Like what you see?"

"I-I-" Ivy stuttered, having trouble putting her own thoughts into words. Eventually, Ivy took in a deep breath and was finally able to form some of her thoughts into words. "Who are you? What do you want?"

Her darker self laughed, "Isn't it obvious I'm you."

Ivy rolled her eyes, "No, shit. You don't say. I just don't get why. What's the whole purpose for this?"

"You could say I'm showing you, your future self."

Ivy pressed her lips into a thin line. "No. No way."

Her doppleganger laughed, "At the rate you're going. Yes, way."

"I don't wanna be you." That's not who I am, Ivy thought to herself.

"Then choose, Ivy. Who are you really?" Ivy stayed silent, so her evil self kept on talking. "Are you one of the good guys or are you one of the bads?"

✯☾✯

Ivy's head groaned in pain as two powerful memories started pulsing through her mind.

The first memory was of her and Liam. It was their first date together. It was also where Liam had asked her to officially become his girlfriend.