chapter forty-one

SPELLBOUND

chapter forty-one

Liam was in the boys' locker room putting away equipment, seeing as Coach had given him equipment duty when Mason had come in wanting to talk to him

"They must have had someone up there. I mean, that's the only logical explanation," Mason tells him.

"Yeah. How do you know?"

"Logic. Also Corey & Ivy have a hunch," Mason tells him.

Liam was a bit surprised to hear that his girlfriend had a hunch and didn't tell him about it. But he let it pass, for now, hoping that she had a good reason for not telling him.

"What? Is that a chameleon thing?" Liam scoffs, clearly expressing his dislike for Corey and avoiding Ivy's involvement. "I thought all they could do was disappear."

"Corey just wants to help," Mason quickly defended.

"Yeah, where was he when we were fighting a nine-foot werewolf to save you? And why was he loyal to Theo for so long?" Liam questioned.

"There was a time where we all trusted Theo, including you."

"I'll trust him when he does something trustworthy. Unlike right now, when I can hear his heart racing from across the room." Liam points to the wall behind Mason. Mason turns around and Corey becomes visible.

"What about Hayden and Ivy? You forgave them, no problem. And yet, Ivy was the most loyal to Theo out of all of us," Corey stated/questioned.

"Hayden almost died that night trying to stop Sebastien. Ivy was under Theo's influence. She wasn't herself at all. All you did was hide."

"What was I supposed to do? You, Ivy, and Hayden have claws and fangs," Corey pointed out.

"Liam, look, it's not like chameleons are the apex predator of the animal kingdom. All Corey can do is disappear," Mason explains but his words managed to sting Corey. Mason noticed what he said and immediately began to regret it. His last sentence didn't really support nor defend his boyfriend like he had originally wanted to.

"Then maybe that's what he should do," Liam answers before exiting the locker room, leaving Mason & Corey behind.

"What?" Corey asks, noticing the look Mason was giving him.

"How is he supposed to trust you if you're hiding in the walls?"

"I already told you. With the expectation of Ivy, your friends aren't my friends. Why can't you just accept that?"

"That might work for you guys, but that doesn't work for me. And I'm sure as hell that Ivy would agree with me."

✯☾✯