chapter eight

SPELLBOUND

chapter eight

〈chapter eight〉

Ivy and Liam chase after Hayden who ran out of the club after the couple had done their little chimera experiment on her.

"Hayden, please just let us explain," Ivy called out to her friend.

"Asking me to close my eyes was weird. Sticking a glow stick in my face, even weirder. But werewolves and dead doctors?" Hayden sneered.

"Dread doctors," Liam corrects her.

"Whatever, get away from me, both of you," Hayden demanded.

"Hayden, please, just listen to us," Ivy expresses, as Hayden opens her car door.

"What if we could prove it to you?" Liam says.

"Prove what?" Hayden hissed.

"This," Liam and Ivy say at the same time before they both transform into their werewolf forms. The werewolf couple flashed their yellow-golden eyes and fangs at Hayden. Hayden screams, before punching Liam in the face.

"Liam!" Ivy yells as she watches her boyfriend land on the ground with a broken nose. Hayden gets into her car and drives off leaving the couple behind.

"Ow," Liam groans in pain. Ivy drops to her knees and helps Liam out. Ivy couldn't help herself but laugh a bit. "Hayden's got fire, no denying that."

"This hurts," Liam says. 

"Relax, you big baby. Your nose will heal soon," Ivy chuckles as she places a kiss on his forehead.

✯☾✯

Once Liam's nose heals, they chase after Hayden. They reach her, only to notice that she's trapped in her car and the dread doctors are approaching her.

"Liam, get her out. I'll hold them," Ivy commands.

"Ivy, no."

"Liam, trust me."

Liam nods as he runs to Hayden's car, jumping on top of it. Ivy runs to the side. She feels the magic rise within her. The magic begins to pump through her body.

Ivy's eyes flash golden and orange flames begin to escape from her fingertips.

"Forbearnan," Ivy chants. A line of fire grows, blocking the dread doctors. Liam rips the sunroof off Hayden's car and pulls her out.

"IVY! LET'S GO!" Liam yells for his girlfriend, as he and Hayden begin to run away.

"IVY!" Hayden yells for her friend, seeing her still not moving.

Ivy gives the dread doctors one last look before she begins to run after her boyfriend and best friend.

"Ivy," she hears one of the dread doctors call out for her. She stops in her tracks. "Ivy," they say once more, before repeating themselves for the third time, "Ivy."