chapter forty

SPELLBOUND

chapter forty

Ivy was currently in the physics classroom with both Corey and Mason along with a few other students, working on an experiment for extra credit

Ivy was currently in the physics classroom with both Corey and Mason along with a few other students, working on an experiment for extra credit. They were currently trying to make a sort of magnetic slime from what Ivy could tell.

Ivy watched as Jake poured the iron filings into their base before she began to stir it. To be completely fair, Ivy just kept eavesdropping on what Mason was instructing Corey to do, even though she was right next to them.

"Okay, now stir in the iron filings," Mason told Corey who was mixing the base.

"How is this supposed to work?" Corey questioned.

"The ferromagnetic properties are gonna interact with..." Mason began explaining to Corey before noticing that both Ivy and Jake along with the other two students in the classroom with them were staring at him.

"Don't worry, it works. Just make sure that all the iron oxide is completely absorbed."

Corey stirred for a couple more seconds before Mason picked up the slime/puff up from the bowl.

"How come you're here if you already know this?" Corey asks Mason.

Ivy watches as Jake scoffs, "Know it? He's practically teaching it."

Ivy chuckles, "I gotta agree with Jake."

"Well, this is, uh, my favorite physics lab," Mason explains.

"We're all here for the extra credit," Corey looks over to Ivy, knowing that the two of them seriously needed this extra credit, before looking back at Mason. "I mean, don't you have, like a four-point something?"

"Four point nine," Mason clarifies, causing Ivy's eyes to widen.

"I didn't even know it went that high," Corey says, while Ivy comments, "It goes higher than a four?"

Ivy turned back to Jake, "Did you know that a GPA could go higher than a four?" Ivy was clearly surprised by this fact.

Jake shrugged, "Why would I know that?"

"I don't know! I'm telling you now."

Jake rolled his eyes, "Finish mixing the thing, Steiner."

Ivy put a hand over her heart, "I'm hurt, Jake. And here I thought we were friends."

Jake chuckled, "Don't worry, we are."

Ivy rolled her eyes this time, "Huh-uh."

Before either of them could say anything else, Mason and Corey's magnetic slime caught both of their attention. It appeared as if their slime was stronger than intended.