chapter twenty

SPELLBOUND

chapter twenty

"Any available units, Beacon Hills telecom is requesting an 11-5 at the communication towers off Cypress Lane," dispatch said through the radio inside of the Sheriff's patrol vehicle

Ivy and Hayden were currently inside the patrol vehicle with Hayden's sister, Deputy Clark. "10-4, Dispatch. I'm in the area."

"Copy, Unit 5. A technician was sent over an hour ago and telecom hasn't heard back," Dispatch stated, as Ivy focused on the trees that the car passed by. "Copy, I'm 10-76."

Hayden rolls her eyes at her older sister, "You're gonna drag me to work every night?"

"If I have to," Deputy Clark responded, as Ivy sighed and listened in to the conversation between the two sisters.

"You can't keep an eye on me 24/7."

"You disappeared for three days. I'm keeping an eye on you for the rest of your natural-born life."

"I told you I was with Ivy." Ivy chuckles at the sound of her name being brought up into the conversation.

"Maybe you think you can do your own thing now. I don't care. You still need me. We look out for each other, remember?" Valerie stated.

Ivy sighed, in a way, Ivy understood Valerie's standpoint. She and Ethan always looked out for one another. She understood Valerie's concern and worry for Hayden.  She too would worry if her brother disappeared on her without warning.

"For all I know, you could have been dead," Valerie stated, snapping Ivy out of her thoughts. Ivy leaned forward to join the conversation. She wanted to help reassure Valerie's nerves.

"Hayden was in good hands the whole time. I swear, no harm came to her."

Valerie gave Ivy a small smile, appreciating Ivy looking out for her sister. Even though Ivy had just lied straight through her teeth to the Deputy in front of her. It was probably better that Valerie never knew the real reason why Hayden disappeared for three whole days.

✯☾✯

The three of them finally arrive at the communication towers off Cypress Lane. Valerie stops the car engine and exits the car, before warning both Hayden and Ivy to stay in the car.

The two of them carefully watch Valerie approach the technician's car, which was on for some reason, before walking towards the building and entering it.

Ivy's phone buzzes, causing her to pull it out from her pant pocket. She sighs as she realizes who the incoming text messages are from. Ivy's phone buzzes again, causing Hayden to groan in annoyance.

"That's like the hundredth message he has sent you. Just answer him already, Ivy!"

"I can't, I don't even know what to say."