chapter forty-two

SPELLBOUND

chapter forty-two

Ivy sat next to Liam in physics as she doodled in her notebook as Mr

Ivy sat next to Liam in physics as she doodled in her notebook as Mr. Douglas taught the class. She dreaded this class, not just for the mere subject but also for the feeling/vibe she gets from Mr. Douglas. Something was definitely off about him. She had a small theory on him, but the only person who could really confirm her theory was underground with the skinwalkers.

"Power, the ability to control things. This metal has no power. It's small, weak, insignificant. Is there anything we can do to change that? Corey, what you got?"

At the sound of her friend's name, Ivy looked up from her doodling, wanting to hear what Corey was gonna say.

"We can add electricity."

"Exactly. We turn this metal rod..." Mr. Douglas drops the rod on his desk and it clunks against the desk. "Into a magnet. Now it has power. Now it has influence over others."

Ivy went back to her doodling not caring much for what Mr. Douglas was going to show them. The class watches as Mr. Douglas uses the magnet to make the metal ball that was in the bowl in front of him, spin. Mr. Douglas began having a coughing fit, which caught Ivy's full attention and caused her to give him her attention.

Ivy didn't realize that her magic had risen until she was in the mind of Mr. Douglas staring at flashbacks.

She was in the dread doctors' lair and she was staring at Der Soldat, the soldier. The very thing the dread doctors used to prolong their lives. Except der Soldat wasn't still as he always was, he had gained movement.

Ivy was thrown out of Mr. Douglas's mind at the same thing that Hayden asked, "Are, are you okay, Mr. Douglas?"

"Just a little cough," he replied.

Ivy shook her head, trying to ignore/forget what she had just seen in Mr. Douglas's mind. She wasn't even aware of how she did that.

"Where were we? Um... Right, now we have electricity and a little bit of power. Let's add a little more," Mr. Douglas increased the amount of electricity. "After all, the greater the power, the greater the control."

And just like that Ivy was thrown back into Mr. Douglas's mind.

The sound of an alarm blaring could be heard. The der Soldat kept thrashing around inside the tank, trying to break free from the mask placed on his head by the dread doctors.

The der Soldat kept thrashing around, it's one desire in mind, to escape the insides of the tank that held him trapped. He punched the tank as the alarm seemed to grow louder. He kept punching and punching until the glass began to break.

Ivy was once more thrown out of Mr. Douglas' mind. Mr. Douglas took a sip of water from his water bottle as Ivy began to wonder how she was possibly being drained into her physics teacher's mind.