chapter twenty-one

SPELLBOUND

chapter twenty-one

〈chapter twenty-one〉

Sinema was packed. The air smelled of alcohol and sweaty bodies, a scent that Ivy had recently gotten accustomed to. Seeing as the young Steiner girl was here almost every night since she and the chimera pack members had returned from the dead.

At first, it was strange, but Ivy pretty quickly got used to the atmosphere. She started to enjoy the loud music and all the sweaty bodies pressed up against one another. It was strange but yet oddly comforting.

Ivy, at first, used to stand in the sidelines keeping Hayden company while she worked. But now Ivy would join in with all the sweaty bodies dancing on top of one another. She would drink the night away. It was fun, while it lasted of course. Nothing really ever lasts forver.

Werewolves couldn't get drunk, thanks to their fast supernatural healing, which frustrated Ivy to the max, at times, especially right now. She wanted to experience being drunk and being able to forget about her problems. Though, it didn't stop Ivy from drinking. She may not be able to get drunk, but it doesn't mean that she has to stop drinking all the alcoholic beverages that she desired. To the human eye, one may think she was probably pissed off drunk by the amount of beverages she was consuming.

"JOSH!" Ivy yelled in excitement through all the loud music and people, as she saw her fellow friend/Chimera approaching her. Josh, along with her, had also been coming here a lot lately. Probably had to do with the fact that Hayden could easily get them inside. And also, the two of them were the only ones who had been having a really hard time getting used to being back alive.

A fast-paced song came on, and Ivy immediately enjoyed the beat of it.

"Come on, Josh. Let's dance."

Ivy pulled Josh towards the middle of the dance and the two of them let the beat of the music control them. Ivy laughed as she and Josh danced among the other teenagers surrounding them. Ivy enjoyed getting lost in the music, but it would only last so long.

She wanted to feel something, tipsy, drunk anything, but nothing was working, and she noticed that Josh was also having the same struggle as her.

Josh walked away from the dance floor, and Ivy watched him leave. She wanted to follow him, she want to make sure that he was alright. Ivy was heading to follow him when Hayden stopped her.

"Where's Josh going?" Hayden asked as Ivy shrugged her shoulders.

"Don't know. But I'm going to follow him," Hayden nodded as she watched her best friend go after Josh.

✯☾✯

Josh had left Ivy's side on the dance floor. While he had enjoyed their moment of dancing. He needed some fresh air, so he exited Sinema, not knowing that Theo would be outside waiting for him.