chapter nineteen

SPELLBOUND

chapter nineteen

Liam Dunbar was currently hiding behind one of the patrol cars outside the Sheriff's Station

Liam Dunbar was currently hiding behind one of the patrol cars outside the Sheriff's Station. He watches Deputy Clark exits the building and enters one of the department's SUVs.

Liam tries going to her but is pulled back by Mason, who had followed him. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Someone's got to tell her about Hayden."

"No. Somebody doesn't have to be you."

"Ivy would have wanted me to."

Mason sighs, "Look, you can't tell her looking like this. I mean, what if they think you killed her?"

"Maybe I did."

"You didn't."

"But what if I did. I couldn't save Hayden. I couldn't save Ivy from dying. I couldn't save my own girlfriend."

"Liam, you didn't kill Hayden or Ivy. And while the last few hours haven't been your best. This isn't the way to fix it. Hayden's sister is going to find out, and it's not gonna hurt any less coming from you."

Mason helps Liam stand up. Liam looks around warily. He wasn't sure if his own mind was playing tricks on him, but he swore he caught Ivy's scent in the air.

"What?" Mason asks, confused.

"It's Ivy. It's her scent. She's here."

"Liam, you held her body in your arms. You... you watched Parrish carry her out of the hospital. She's... she's gone..."

Ivy stands near one of the cars watching her boyfriend and friend talk to one another. It was clear to Ivy that Mason was trying to comfort him. Ivy wanted to reach out to him, but there was something stopping her. She's couldn't go to him.

After all, she was now a part of Theo's pack. And she doubted Liam will see kindly to that. Ivy sighed before turning around to leave. Luckily neither boys physically saw her there, considering how close she had gotten to them.

"It's her. I swear it was," Ivy heard Liam say before disappearing for good.

✯☾✯

"You look troubled," Hayden stated as Ivy approached her.

"I'll be fine."

"You went to see Liam, didn't you?"

Ivy nodded. "You know if Theo finds out, he's not going to be happy," Hayden warned her best friend.

"Don't worry he didn't see me. Plus I'm pretty sure you also stuck out to see a certain someone, or should I say a certain werewolf that attends Devenford Prep."