chapter fourteen

SPELLBOUND

chapter fourteen

Ivy, Hayden, Liam, and Theo arrived at the animal clinic before Scott

Ivy, Hayden, Liam, and Theo arrived at the animal clinic before Scott. So they all decided to go inside to wait for him and to also get out of the pouring cold rain.

Hayden's condition was getting worse, and it scared Ivy. She didn't want to lose her best friend. The thought of losing someone else she cared about, she didn't even want to think about it. Death was her enemy, and she'll be damned before she let death win again.

Liam knew that Hayden's condition was affecting Ivy. Hayden and Ivy had gotten so close, Liam didn't even want to think what would happen if worst came to shove.

He wrapped his arms around Ivy as she snuggled closer into his chest. "I can't lose her, Liam."

"I know, baby." There was nothing more Liam could say, he didn't want to give Ivy false hope, but then again hope was something they desperately needed right now. He kissed her forehead, as she left his arms and went to Hayden.

"You feel it too, don't you," Hayden told the Steiner girl, who just nodded her head.

"We'll be alright," Ivy said, although she hardly seems to believe it herself. Whatever the Geneticist had injected her with was affecting her, badly, but she refused to show it.

Saving Hayden had to be everyone's number one priority. Her best friend had to survive this, even if it meant Ivy meeting her doom. As long as they get to save Hayden, she was fine with that.

Ivy heard Scott's motorbike pull up to the animal clinic, but she also heard Stiles' jeep coming in. Stiles.

Ivy desperately needed to talk to him. She needed to tell someone, preferably the Stilinski boy. Ivy knew that she should mention whatever was happening to her boyfriend, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. That would just mean bringing up issues and secrets that only Stiles really knows about.

"Watch over Hayden," Ivy told Liam.

Liam gave her a look, "Where are you going?"

"I'll be right back."

Theo watched Ivy leave the room, he knew exactly where she was going. His plan was coming to motion even faster than he had expected. Perfect.

✯☾✯

Scott and Stiles stood outside the animal clinic in the pouring rain. 

"Hey, sorry. I had trouble starting the Jeep again. That thing's barely hanging on. I couldn't get in touch with Malia or Lydia," Stiles said as he approached his best friend who remained silent. "Scott?"

Scott had just pulled out the bloodied wrench from his jacket when Ivy had exited from inside the animal clinic. She froze when she realized what Scott was holding in his hands.