chapter forty-five

SPELLBOUND

chapter forty-five

Ivy and Parrish were still at Beacon Hills Preserve

Ivy and Parrish were still at Beacon Hills Preserve. "You're right, I'm not alone in this," Ivy told the deputy/hellhound.

Parrish sent her a smile, "You're most certainly right, especially with that group of friends of yours."

"Yeah, they're pretty great," Ivy commented. Before Parrish could reply, his phone rang.

Parrish listened to whoever was on the other line for a while before answering, "I'm on my way."

"What's going on?" Ivy asked.

"I'm needed at the high school. Come on, let's go," and with that, the two of them got into Parrish's car and rushed over to the high school.

✯☾✯

Rain heavily poured as Ivy and Parrish entered the high school in search of Mason, Brett, & Hayden. Apparently, Hayden had called her sister, saying that they needed Parrish at the school.

"Why did you call me?" Parrish asked Hayden, Brett, & Mason who had just approached the pair.

"Oh my god, Ivy you're okay," Hayden let out a sigh of relief as she noticed her best friend before giving her a hug.

"I'm alright. What happened?"

"The Ghost Riders are afraid of you," Hayden answered, looking towards Parrish.

"What? How do you know?" Parrish asked.

"Yeah, I'll like to know the answer to that as well," Ivy chipped in.

"You're the reason he left Gwen. You can stop them. We need you," Mason informed him, as Parrish went to reach for his gun. "The other you," Mason clarified.

"Hellhound Parrish," Ivy commented as Parrish sighed.

✯☾✯

Ivy, Parrish, Hayden, Brett, & Mason quickly rushed to one of the hallways of the school as they heard a door being opened. They arrived just in time to see a spectator from the lacrosse game rushing towards them. But she was followed by one of the ghost riders.

The group was forced to watch as the ghost rider aimed its gun at the female spectator before she disappeared in a cloud of green smoke.

"Stay back," Parrish warned the group of teenagers behind him. They all shared a look of concern among each other, all praying that would Mason's theory work.

Parrish transformed into the hellhound as he walked towards the ghost rider. Parrish growled, covered in burning flames, as he ran to the rider.

The ghost rider remained unaffected as he pointed his gun at Parrish and shot at the incoming hellhound. The bullet from the rider's gun causes Parrish to glow green as he starts to transform back into his human form. The bullet hadn't affected him the same way it did to the female spectator, which the group had already forgotten about.