chapter twelve

SPELLBOUND

chapter twelve

Theo Raeken enters the dread doctors' lair, inside there is a dead body of a teenage boy lying on one of the examination tables with a spike struck through its back

Theo Raeken enters the dread doctors' lair, inside there is a dead body of a teenage boy lying on one of the examination tables with a spike struck through its back. Theo was not faded by this, not one bit. He watches as the Geneticist injects a liquid through a syringe onto the Surgeon's arm.

"I need more time," Theo states but none of the dread doctors reply.

"Are you listening to me? I said I need more time."

"Perigee-syzygy," the Surgeon says.

"The supermoon," the Geneticist elaborates. "We'll know at the perigee-syzygy."

"But what about Hayden and Ivy?" Theo asks as the Surgeon's arm heals.

"Failures."

"No, no, no. Not to me," Theo states.

"Failure compromises the experiment pool," the Surgeon responses.

"I kept Scott out of your way. I did everything you wanted. Now, I need Hayden and Ivy alive," Theo said, getting fed up with the dread doctors.

"Inconsequential."

"You promised me a pack," Theo said, his voice getting low.

"We promised you nothing."

"I need them alive! Especially Ivy," Theo screamed. All three doctors turn to face Theo. Theo takes a step back.

"Only until the perigee-syzygy," the Surgeon says before pulling the spike out of the dead boy's body. Theo watched them exit, but before they were completely out of the lair, he called out for them.

"If Hayden has to die, then at least keep Ivy alive," he pleads.

The Surgeon turns to him, "The hybrid must fall."

✯☾✯

"I'll see you in History alright," Ivy said as she walked away from Hayden. The two had been walking to school together almost every day after the dread doctors had kidnapped them. If they weren't walking, Stiles was more than happy to give them rides to school.

"And where are you off to?" Hayden asked suspiciously, even though she had a slight clue on where her best friend was heading off to.

"I'm meeting up with Liam before first period."

Hayden smirked at her best friend, "Have fun."

Ivy rolled her eyes playfully, "I will!"

✯☾✯

Liam was hiding in between two school busses in the parking lot waiting for his girlfriend to show up.

"Hey, beautiful," he said the moment Ivy showed up. Ivy smiled at him, before giving him a hug.