chapter eighteen

SPELLBOUND

chapter eighteen

Ivy groaned as she woke up

Ivy groaned as she woke up. Her surroundings were completely unclear to her. This was definitely not Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital.

Ivy gasped as she came to terms with what had just happened. She was dead.

Ivy looked at her hands, still in shock that she had actually died.

Ethan. He must be so devastated. Ivy shed a tear at the thought of her brother being completely alone out there in the world of the living.

Speaking of worlds, Ivy still had no clue where she was. She could be either in hell or heaven. She prayed it was the latter.

Ivy decided to walk around, instead of just standing frozen in place. Maybe if she explored more she could try figuring out exactly where in the afterlife she was located at.

"Hello?" she called out praying that she wasn't alone in this afterlife. She didn't know if she could handle being completely alone with no one to talk to her or just even be around her. Loneliness can be dangerous.

"Ivy?" She heard a familiar voice call out to her. Ivy gasped as she registered who the voice belonged to.

"AIDEN!" Ivy ran to her brother, throwing herself into his arms, as he hugged her tightly.

"Oh my god, Ivy. What are you doing here?" He asked.

Ivy sighed, as she looked down in sadness, "I-I-I died."

Aiden pulled her away and checked her for any injuries. "I'm okay," Ivy reassures Aiden who pulls her back into another hug.

"Aiden, honey, who is that?" A new voice speaks, Ivy doesn't know who the voice belongs to. Aiden unwraps his arms from Ivy and takes a couple of steps back.

Ivy finally gets a good look at the woman behind Aiden. Something about her was familiar to Ivy, but she couldn't guess what it was. It was as if the woman could be trusted, even though Ivy had no clue who she was.

"Why do you look familiar?" Ivy askes, as the woman's face becomes full of realization.

"Ivanna?" The woman asks as Ivy looks at her confused.

"How do you know my name?"

"Ivy, meet our mother," Aiden states as Ivy looks at the woman in shock. This woman was her mother. How? Ivy thought.

"My beautiful baby girl is all grown up," The woman cried out in joy.

"Mom, is it really you?"

The woman smiles, walks up to Ivy, and hugs her. Ivy eventually wraps her arms around her mother once the shock leaves her body.

"Come, my daughter, let's get you inside."