chapter thirty-five

SPELLBOUND

chapter thirty-five

The wound Sebastien inflicted on Ivy wasn't healing

The wound Sebastien inflicted on Ivy wasn't healing. Ivy wasn't letting herself heal. She didn't want to heal. She wanted to feel something. The thought that Josh could be dead was floating through her mind and it killed her not having a proper response to that lingering question.

She hoped to god that Josh was alive and safe somewhere, but there was something deep inside her telling her that was just the opposite.

Ivy refused to think the worst right now. There was something more concerning that at least she could respond to that.

Right now Hayden and Mason were both in trouble. Hayden wasn't healing as she should be and Mason was still trapped inside of Sebastien. So Ivy let the pain from her wound continue to harm her because for some reason it was her motivation to keep on fighting.

✯☾✯

Theo smirked as he heard the sound of the Beast approaching, "You hear that? That's the sound of real power." Theo wolfs out but turns around to look at Liam who was on the ground recovering from being electrocuted by the water and the kanima venom Theo injected on him. "Don't worry, after I get its power. Getting Ivy back is going to be no trouble at all."

Liam growled as Theo mentioned his girlfriend. Theo walks away Liam and Scott and turns the corner towards Sebastien. Sebastien had overheard Theo's comment and was feeling both amused and offended. "Another arrogant youth. A contender to steal my name? You think you can take it from me?"

"I just want your power," Theo declares.

Theo lunges forward but Sebastien is quick and grabs one of Theo's wrists. Theo manages to use his free hand and stab his claw into Sebastien's gut, hoping to paralyze him with the kanima venom. But it doesn't work on Sebastien, and Theo starts to panic. Sebastien's eyes begin to glow bright blue as he starts to transform into the Beast. Dark veins begin to form on Theo's face as he tries to perform Deucalion's method of three; pain, life, and power. But once again it's no use against Sebastien. The Beast throws Theo against the wall and shifts back. Sebastien hears the Argents sonic emitters once more and goes to investigate, leaving behind a pleading Theo, "No! No!"

Theo starts to crawl away but stops when he hears footsteps approaching. He turns around to see Deucalion heading his way with Scott and Liam following close behind. Theo's eyes widened as he realized that Deucalion was never on his side, to begin with. He had been betrayed.

"You lied to me. You and Scott..."

Deucalion smirks as he crouches down so that he can look Theo in the eyes. "That's right, Theo. The whole time. You didn't really think I could be on your side, especially when you turned Ivy against the very people she cares for."