chapter twenty-seven

SPELLBOUND

chapter twenty-seven

Hayden, who was still watching Deucalion, pulled out her phone and noticed that she had 11 missed messages, all coming from none other than Mason

The most recent message:

Mason: It has to be NOW.

Hayden sighs before stuffing her phone back in the pocket of her jean jacket. She starts to pace back and forth, unsure of what to do next. Deucalion notices this and comments on it, "Five texts in two minutes? Someone's trying to get your attention."

Hayden rolls her eyes at Deucalion. "Maybe you should go?" Deucalion points to the pump injecting wolfsbane into his veins, "I'm obviously not going anywhere..."

"Could you please shut the hell up?" Hayden snaps at Deucalion, she was already conflicted on what to do, and she definitely didn't need his comments.

Deucalion smiles in satisfaction, it was clear to him that he had gotten on her nerves. "I have a feeling you and I are going to be friends, Hayden. I think we're going to discover a lot of common ground beneath our feet."

Hayden's phone buzzes once again in her pocket. Mason was once again spamming her with messages. Hayden sighs, if Mason was asking her for help then that must mean one thing, they were in trouble. And if they were in trouble, then Ivy was also in trouble. The thought of her best friend getting hurt was not something she wanted to experience, especially if she could help stop it.

Hayden rushes over to the table when she notices a large syringe laying on it. The syringe was full of Tracy's kanima venom. Deucalion picks on what she's about to do and becomes concerned. "Now is that really necessary?"

Hayden turns around with the syringe gun in her hand and smiles at Deucalion. "It's kanima venom from Tracy - enough to paralyze you for a couple hours." Hayden walks towards him and Deucalion sighs. "If we're going to be friends, Hayden, you really need to learn to trust me! Ivy trusts me, and you should as well."

Hayden gives him a snarky look before injecting the contents of the syringe into a port in Deucalion's IV tube. The kanima venom started making its way towards Deucalion' system and immediately paralyzes him, causing him to groan.

"Now I trust you," Hayden smirks as she rushes out of the operating theater to go help her friends.

✯☾✯

Scott retracts his claws from Meredith's neck as she telepathically whispers to him, "Save her." Scott nods in agreement as he turns around to see her cell door slide open. Standing on the other side was the big intimidating burly guard. Scott freezes for a second before standing protectively in front of Meredith.