chapter thirty

SPELLBOUND

chapter thirty

The next day, Ivy woke up in her bed at the McCall house

The next day, Ivy woke up in her bed at the McCall house. It's been a while since she had last slept in this day. It sort of felt kind of strange. She supposed she got used to sleeping in different beds/houses the past couple of weeks. Now she was back where she started this school year.

After the conversation with her brother, no one else had bothered to stop and chat with her. She figured Ethan might have had a hand with that. Ethan must have picked up on how she didn't have the energy to talk to anyone else. And she didn't, she was thankful her brother knew her well.

Killian ended up sending Ethan back to London through a portal. He advised her that if she ever wanted to visit him, to just give him a call, and he'll quickly portal her to London to see Ethan. Ivy appreciated that thought.

Ivy had ended up running into Melissa in the kitchen. Ivy didn't necessarily know how to act around Melissa. She kind of felt responsible for Liam almost killing Scott on the night of the super moon.

"Hey, sweetie. How you feeling?" Melissa asked her.

"A lot better now, I suppose," Ivy explained.

"I'm glad to hear that. Hey, listen, if you ever wanted to talk about anything. I'm here to listen."

Ivy gave Melissa a nod. She liked Melissa's motherly concern for her. Ivy doesn't remember much about her mother, and she appreciated Melissa trying to help. It gave her a sort of comfort and love, that could only come from a mother figure.

Ivy looked around the area, trying to see if Scott was nearby. He wasn't. And Ivy was kind of thankful for that. She wasn't sure she was ready to face Scott yet.

"I should go to school," Ivy informed her.

"You know I'm sure your brother would agree with me that you're more than allowed to skip a day. You deserve after everything. I know what you faced mustn't have been easy."

Ivy shrugged, she didn't really want to go into detail. "I could use a distraction and school just seems like the perfect one."

Melissa nodded and watched as Ivy left the McCall residence to go to school.

✯☾✯

Ivy had gotten a text from Corey as she entered the high school. He was leaving Beacon Hills and just wanted to thank her for everything she had done for him. Ivy immediately shoved her phone into her pocket and rushed to the boys' locker room. Knowing that Corey would be there gathering his things.

And she was right. Corey was inside the boy's locker room, packing up a gym bag with things that were inside his locker. Ivy sighed loudly, causing Corey to acknowledge her presence.